RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to decode the VIN# of our cars? I know there is a subset of numbers and letters within the VIN that indicate something about the car such as engine, model, etc...

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
920 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys, new owner of a RRS SDV6 here.
Pretty excited with the whole car. Looks, quality, driving is great!

I am looking to find the equipment that the car was initially purchased with to have an idea of all the extras included. The previous owner never cared about it and had the car imported from another country. Is there any chance i can get that info online? Alternatively, can the local dealer find out?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
topix is your friend. just put in the VIN.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
If you are referring to Topix did you sign up for a subscription?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What’s up? Wanna know the history of your car for FREE? Send its VIN code, and we will send a vehicle history report to the first 20 users. Hurry up!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm down to know the Exactness too Stemikel... but wanna make sure something "fishy" doesn't happen after I post my VIN number...

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography dynamic
11 Posts
I phoned 03705000500 (UK only) and explained that I needed the build sheet or spec list for my car, she requested my details Inc the vin number and it was emailed to me within a few minutes.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I phoned 03705000500 (UK only) and explained that I needed the build sheet or spec list for my car, she requested my details Inc the vin number and it was emailed to me within a few minutes.
@Mikeysl494 ... Awesomeness! However you wrote "UK-Only" after that telephone number... I'm assuming I will need a "Country-Code" for the "UK" before dialing that number is what you meant??? Since all our current generation L405 & L494's are built in "Solihull England" ...I believe...

If so, I can find that easily enough and thank you very much. I need that "Build-Sheet" and very cool of you to post an "How-to" get it!

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography dynamic
11 Posts
No problem happy to help, but if you're not in the UK you can use 044 then dial the number but remove the first 0 but I'm not responsible for the charges lol, here in the UK I'm pretty sure 03 numbers are free from landlines and mobiles.

·
Registered
483 Posts
No problem happy to help, but if you're not in the UK you can use 044 then dial the number but remove the first 0 but I'm not responsible for the charges lol, here in the UK I'm pretty sure 03 numbers are free from landlines and mobiles.
You are a great help! I'll buy one of those "Hi-Jacked" Long-Distance International calling cards off the street, use it for the Build-Sheet, and throw said calling card away just to keep my cell bill in check.

Were you on hold long? Oh, I got an idea... could you "PM" me the return email address you received your Build Sheet from please? I'll simply try that first and if no hit, I'll roll the "Calling-Card" route!

Thanks you so very much! I really appreciate you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts