RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have placed an order for a 2018 RRS SC, and my dealer has been not the greatest with communication... nice people, just poor followup and generally not the best product knowledge or knowledge of their systems... I have seen chatter on the forums that some people have been able to get their VIN for an ordered vehicle after their build date... My build dat was 12Jan, and the dealer says a VIN isn't available... does anyone know if it is typically available and in what system they can see it?

TIA for any help!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
It is viewable in the dealer stock system. if your build has been delayed, as many have, it will be available in the dealer system when the vehicle is completed. It is actually assigned at the start of production but not transferred until complete.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Just one thought to this. Many of you guys say your dealer isn't helpful, they don't follow up, etc.
Here's an idea. Go show up at the dealership with a box of donuts Saturday morning. Give it to your sales guy or his manager to share with their crew & ask for an updated buildsheet printout (it shows the VIN once it's available). They will not say no, and next time you email them, they won't say no.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Yup. A little greasing of the rails goes a long way. Same with attitudes. I get together with three service managers every couple of weeks. We yack about updates, release dates, quirks... Discussions always come around to which one of them had the worst customer experience since the last lunch. Someone who comes in with a smile, hand shake and greetings will get much further than the pompass butt pucker having a hissy fit who starts off his pontificating diatribe with how much he spent on his Range Rover... doesn;t fly here either. :lol:

Sales folks, service people and various managers are just humans like the rest of us. They have lives outside of work. If you treat them with respect and like a good neighbour and they will go out of their way for you. If you treat them like a servant that is beneath you, they can and sometimes will make your experience a living misery.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, Ill follow up again maybe mid next week and hopefully be able to get an updated build sheet and the VIN.... Ive certainly tried the nice angle with my salesperson, and he's certainly very nice in return... on the rare occasions he actually gives me a call back. Im not sure if he's overworked or what the deal is, but I would never want to be one of "those customers" so I just preface each conversation with "sorry if you didn't get my email", "I might have missed your return call" or "Sorry to bug you with a silly question", and make extra effort to not sound condescending, haha.

Maybe Ill try donuts, if being nice and spending money as a repeat customer aren't enough, couldn't hurt to try a 6 dollar dozen of donuts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts