RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm about to buy a Volvo s60 and would like to get the views of the people who had owned/driven them. This is a used/reconditioned car imported from UK and sold through the dealer. It has done ~80,000mi and the overall condition looks great.

What are the things i should look into before heading out + which forums that i can use to get info as much as this wonderful community.

BTW, I'll still be keeping my rangie with me. I'm selling my Pug 306 1.4 & Nissan March/Micra K11 1.0 and taking in the Volvo.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
99 Posts
My Dad had a 54reg S60 D5 for 4 years or so. Loved it, supremely comforable seats, good economy and OK to drive.

Wasn't without problems, handbrake stuck on, boot lid lock went, and a few other niggles. Nothing major but at Volvo dealer prices everything adds up.

Overall a good car though, enjoy it!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your comments.

My dad just brought home the above car. It's Maya Gold and it seems quite well maintained. But the interior needs to be fixed on some areas. Engine is OK i guess. I didn't see anything that has been touched like. And it's been in the dealer showroom since 2005/2006. Dad says that in today's run he had ~150kms, on the flat road he was able to do 34.x MPG and on the part that he had to climb the mountains (I live in the highlands ~300-400m above sea level, and the car was bough in colombo ~sea level) it did ~24.x MPG. So the 2.0 turbo is quite economical to size of the vehicle + the engine.

The main issue i'm having is i'm unable to distinguish this between the S & the SE models cos this has features of both. Anyways i'll head out on the direction mentioned earlier and see.

Thanks a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts