RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way (apart from an expensive i/f from a 3rd party box) to connect a direct video source from a dash cam into the Range Rover Sport's ICE system.

The 4x4 in question is a 2011 5L S/C Autobiography Facelift model with DAB TV and Radio plus hdd CD storage, etc. It does not have the rear entertainment screens.

Sadly the JLR Customer Support can only handle simple questions, this question was a bridge too far :-?

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
You can hardly knock JLR customer service for not having info on after market dash cams and doing something the ICE was never design for, especially on a model as old as the L320. :?

You may be able to ditch the DAB TV and use that video input. I would imagine you would have limited resolution though. You'd be much better off with a basic GVIF box. I don;t know why you think they are expensive. A basic one can be had for around $200. It's not like you need HD resolution for a dash cam.

On a side not, I fail to understand why you would want to watch your dash cam while you drive down the road. Your seeing the same thing the camera does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts