RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have changed everything regarding oils (gearbox, diffs, trasfer etc), left knuckle and hub bearing... even that some vibration (ans uhhh) sound still exists
its only hearable when I accelerate slowly i last few second... in addition I check also with Low range and mud mode , then sound and vibration exists just during gear change 1-2 and/or 2-3 , its the same like in D and road mode however in that case exist during gear change (peak rpm just before gear change)

when car is lifted and has free wheels vibration not exist (also sound)
One on technical guys (third i asked for help) suggested that it could comes from gear box pump which sounded during higher torque

Have you ever heard about such a case with ZF6 gearbox... I know that zf5 has some "issues" but zf6?????
I doubt about gearbox fauilers symptoms because gears are changing fine in all conditions and modes and in both direction(1-2-3.... and back)
no slipping etc

regards
Andrzej

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 09. There is a large bracket under the car, clearly visable from the driver side that either the transmission or transfer case is attached to and when it gets full of mud, the vibration dampeners no longer work. I have taken a drum stick twice and cleaned out the dried mud and it fixed the problem. I know it sounds strange but the dealer showed it to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Because of the language barrier I think a picture would work better, so if texige could post a picture of what it is he is talking about that would clear everything up.

·
Registered
405 Posts
On my car, the big black casing on the far right of the picture would get dried mud inside and created a very definite vibration on acceleration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts