RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Has anyone of you replaced your EAS pump with a VIAIR variant?
I ordered one several months ago after reading a pump replacement post on the RR.net main site.

To my surprise it wasn't a drop in replacement. I wonder how s/he did it.
Anyways i made a small mounting plate for the pump and finished the installation today.

I was really amazed how fast it was able to rise to normal height from access/bumpstop possition. maybe at most 2 minutes. (it was almost fully empty tank)
The only issue is the noise it gives out, actually not the pump but the mounting plate gives a horrible noise. Will be twaeking it a little to rectify this. Will post some pics soon on this modification. Oh one more thing, it takes ages to start the pump after filling up the tank. I think this pump fills the tank to the correct value before shutting down.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have done it as I could not get a Tomas at a sensible price in SA. It is a lot louder but really does put the air out.

Eventually I intend to go back to OEM and have that as backup.

Spiggytopes did the best job on it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So,

It's naturally that noisy? Where did you mount your compressor? If possible pls put sum pics.
If it's nosy then will have to figure out a way to minimize it.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great post. Sorry didn't find that earlier.

What about the noise factor? I mounted my pump right behind the current EAS pump/valveblock unit. In the spare space. So a very little little amount of wiring/piping was needed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pete's is more or less the same as mine (but neater) but I don't have pictures.

I'd be interested to see how you have fitted it?

One thing with the extra noise is you know how the system is; I still have a leak to find which I think is the rear bags but as the wife likes it on access getting in and out I don't really know without that sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts