RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Has anyone of you replaced your EAS pump with a VIAIR variant?
I ordered one several months ago after reading a pump replacement post on the RR.net main site.

To my surprise it wasn't a drop in replacement. I wonder how s/he did it.
Anyways i made a small mounting plate for the pump and finished the installation today.

I was really amazed how fast it was able to rise to normal height from access/bumpstop possition. maybe at most 2 minutes. (it was almost fully empty tank)
The only issue is the noise it gives out, actually not the pump but the mounting plate gives a horrible noise. Will be twaeking it a little to rectify this. Will post some pics soon on this modification. Oh one more thing, it takes ages to start the pump after filling up the tank. I think this pump fills the tank to the correct value before shutting down.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have done it as I could not get a Tomas at a sensible price in SA. It is a lot louder but really does put the air out.

Eventually I intend to go back to OEM and have that as backup.

Spiggytopes did the best job on it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So,

It's naturally that noisy? Where did you mount your compressor? If possible pls put sum pics.
If it's nosy then will have to figure out a way to minimize it.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
Here is how I did it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33805

The trick is to keep all metal parts isolated from the chassis rail, but also to have the brackets tight enough to stop the compressor moving about too much.

The compressor is noisy in itself, but it is not a bad sound.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great post. Sorry didn't find that earlier.

What about the noise factor? I mounted my pump right behind the current EAS pump/valveblock unit. In the spare space. So a very little little amount of wiring/piping was needed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pete's is more or less the same as mine (but neater) but I don't have pictures.

I'd be interested to see how you have fitted it?

One thing with the extra noise is you know how the system is; I still have a leak to find which I think is the rear bags but as the wife likes it on access getting in and out I don't really know without that sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts