RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

My Rover does not lose that much height overnight. If it does it's very minor and usually due to self leveling.

However, every morning when I start it up and let it warm up on the driveway, it suddenly and quickly drops. Usually just the front end, after it's been running for a few minutes. If you look at the indicator, it shows still at normal height. The only way to solve this is by lowering to access. At this point it will need to run 10-15 minutes to build up pressure before raising, because it will have absolutely no reserve.

Any ideas?

I'm also getting random hard faults that self clear a few seconds after occuring.

Air pump and valve block were rebuilt less than 6 months ago.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
249 Posts
I would have a look at the height sensors up front and make sure they are OK. You should be able to test them with a multimeter and check that the resistance varies smoothly as they are moved and doesn't jump or find a spot where they go open circuit. Other than that, I would maybe be leaning towards the driver pack for the EAS.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had issues with both in the past and they were replaced (within the last two years)

Do air leaks develop from the tank? What would cause zero pressure in the morning but air in the springs?

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Each spring is isolated by a valve in the valve block. If your tank line has a leak at the tank or at the valve block the tank would empty without impacting the rest of the system.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Each spring is isolated by a valve in the valve block. If your tank line has a leak at the tank or at the valve block the tank would empty without impacting the rest of the system.
Good to know. I'll check and report back!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mine got into this mode after I was messing with EAS faults, and disconnected power to driver pack part way during self-levelling. From this point onwards, it always dropped when starting the car . . . and then I had the same 10 minute wait.

The real issue is because in normal operation the ECU continues to adjust for 30secs after switching ignition off, but if the power to part of the EAS system is interrupted, then the ECU can get confused what "Normal Height" should be, and how to get there !!

My fix was easy :-
  • Start the car, and get it to real normal height.
  • Then connect EAS-Unlock software, and reset all faults, etc.
  • Then manually select each height in turn, and re-save the values (even if they are correct)
  • Then stop the EAS-Unlock communications while engine is still running.
  • Then switch off ignition, and wait 30 seconds.
  • Then disconnect EAS Software.
For some reason the same process using Nanocom Evo-II did not work, so better to use the cheaper software & cable !!

Pete

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent info!! As soon as it get my diagnostic cable from RSW I'll check it out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts