RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
OK. I have bought this P38 DSE. Shes a good truck, but very annoyingly the wing mirrors go up when you go in reverse. Now i would say they should go down in reverse and return once you go in gear forward?? Whats worse they don't return and i end up watching helicopters which isnt much use. I know its a simple problem in the scheme of things. Anyone help with a simple fix?
Ta
Terry

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
They are programmable, so if you put it in reverse, then move the mirrors to where you want them, I think you can then store them on one of the 2 memory presets.

If that doesn't work, then chances are the potentiometers in the motor units themselves have failed (they aren't replaceable - you would have to swap the whole motor unit - which again aren't available separately that I know of) - The other option is to disable the mirror dip function, which is possible by putting in reverse, and then pressing and holding the big 'memory' button on the side of the seat for a few seconds. You should get a single 'BEEP' and 'MIRROR DIP OFF' on the dash. You can turn it back on by doing the same process.

Hope this helps,
Marty

·
Registered
661 Posts
my nearside does the same and when it works it doesn;t come back up when selecting drive after reverse - just turned off the auto dip function as Marty desrcibes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts