RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im have just bought a 2010 Range Rover. Six of the vent chrome effect plastic inserts are missing from the Vents, see both photos.

Question, does anyone know if they are available as a spare part?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Terry.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I need 1 also, maybe your po lost a couple and decided to remove them all, might be a slight chance they are tucked in one of the cubby holes, that's if the valet's hoover did not get them, if you find a source let me know.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
688 Posts
Unfortunately LR’s ingenious idea was to design it so the whole vent had to be replaced.
I believe I read on the forum somewhere that someone had found a source in China for just the chrome thing. But don’t know the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rovah

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,950 Posts
take out the other ones and superglue them in,
the vacuum cleaner is where they go when the interior is being detailed

Reactions: CLJ

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,950 Posts
you might try a Ford dealer as they may stock a similar part

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
215 Posts
Unfortunately LR’s ingenious idea was to design it so the whole vent had to be replaced.
I believe I read on the forum somewhere that someone had found a source in China for just the chrome thing. But don’t know the outcome.

I remember that post, too.Shame nothing came out of it.

·
Registered
2003 Range Rover (L322 4.4) 2010 Range Rover (L322 5.0)
8 Posts
What I did was remove the two in the back vents (the ones facing the back seats, if you still have those) and put them in the front. That way I don't have those holes staring at me! The vents are $500+ apiece according to my dealership... the only way to get the little chrome piece.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What did you use to remove them? Are they hard to pry out? Do they deform in any way when taking them out?

I'm wondering if it's worth the effort taking them out (if you still have yours) and super gluing them in place before they go missing.

Reactions: CLJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
They can be pried out reasonably easily, but the holding "teeth" will break (at least mine did). I likewise was going to swap one from a rear vent to a missing front vent; however, I haven't glued it in yet in hopes of someday finding a replacement, but it sounds like gluing them in is the way to go. Pictured attached of how they look from the top so you can see the clips on the side (one of them is broken off in the photo).
IMG_0573.jpg

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
688 Posts
I’m wondering if painting over the vent surfaces with some sort of clear coating would work to secure them in place.
Maybe a clear epoxy or lacquer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting. I had 2 out and found them on the floor luckily. With frighteningly little effort the others popped out with the edge of a short fingernail.

By the looks of the "holding teeth" and the inside of the receiving area, the receiving area has a springlike piece of rubber set inside the center. 1st attempt at superglue didn't hold at all. 2nd attempt worked, but much more sloppily than desired. Had to pretty much cover the inner portion of the chromed piece with superglue to get it to hold secure.

ADVICE: cover the exposed chrome edge of the piece with painters tape or something better. The superglue may inadvertently get on the front exposed side and will melt the finish enough to give the chromed plastic a smudged dirty appearance.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
Pro-tip: don’t vacuum out the interior. At least then you can find them when you realize they have popped out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts