RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After annoying Stuart with a bunch of emails and reading all of the reviews on the Petrol upgrades I decided to order the upgrade for my '17.....the only issue is that 17+ requires a loaner tool which adds some time for the "delivery" and not as easy if you have to change it back before a dealer update...but from what I have heard +68 BHP and +165 Ft/Lbs doesn't even give the full picture as the TD6 goes from a great all around driver that is quick, has a boat load of torque and great fuel economy to a total animal with huuuuge amounts of torque available with better shift points and still good fuel economy...in fact the numbers make it better than the TDV8 that I had always hoped would come here or even the V6SC...

·
Registered
353 Posts
After annoying Stuart with a bunch of emails and reading all of the reviews on the Petrol upgrades I decided to order the upgrade for my '17.....the only issue is that 17+ requires a loaner tool which adds some time for the "delivery" and not as easy if you have to change it back before a dealer update...but from what I have heard +68 BHP and +165 Ft/Lbs doesn't even give the full picture as the TD6 goes from a great all around driver that is quick, has a boat load of torque and great fuel economy to a total animal with huuuuge amounts of torque available with better shift points and still good fuel economy...in fact the numbers make it better than the TDV8 that I had always hoped would come here or even the V6SC...
Didn't realize someone was coming out with a tune for the TD6...wonder how it will effect warranty from RR?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some threads...but like anything else yes you take a bit of a risk but he does not go crazy with the tune based upon the limits of the truck...from what I have heard on this board zero issues with the update!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts