RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just rolled a 2014 into the development bay. Aside from a tune for this truck, we are also completing development work on 200 cell sport catted downpipes, and a valvetronic exhaust, for those that are looking for some more growl from their Rovers!

The downpipes will be universal fit between the V6 and V8 versions. The exhaust will be 95% the same, but in order to fit the quad tip V6 versions we'll need to pattern that last section.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am picking up my RRS v8 in 10 days, looking forward to your tune and exhaust system.

It will be great if the exhaust can stay as quiet as possible when the valve is off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i would definitely be interested in the exhaust! please make sure you use BIG tips like the Super Sprint exhaust to fill in the gaping holes on the back end! also if you need a V8 SC test dummy on the east coast im all yours :D

·
Vendor
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First up - 200 Cell Sport Cats. The fitment is quite similar to the AWD FType, so we were able to adapt that design pretty quickly. Took for a spin with the 600BHP tune on it, man this thing is fast. As one of our customers once said, it used to be fast for a truck... now it's just fast PERIOD.

I think the 200 cell cats sound pretty good on there with the stock exhaust. I like mine louder than this, it's still pretty sedate inside the cabin. Getting a couple more videos loaded up.

http://www.velocityap.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VEL-RRSPORT200CELL

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.velocityap.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VEL-RRSPORT200CELL" href="http://www.velocityap.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VEL-RRSPORT200CELL">

·
Vendor
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Stuart,

Was wondering how much extra power is added from the downpipe. I already have the ECU tune and supercharger pulley installed.
Based on the testing we have done with the FType, we don't expect to see any power increases. It's mainly for two reasons: 1. More sound and 2. Catalyst Temperatures. These 5.0L Engines do get hot quickly, and the car has protection mode tables built in which reduce power when catalyst temperature becomes too high. So by changing to a 200 cell sport cat, with less resistance you can keep cat temperatures down, and run optimal power settings more often in real world conditions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking forward for mine to arrive. Fitting to my 2015 RRS ATB with ECU / Pulley and cold plugs. Will share dyno results once it arrives and all installed.

I figured that now I've hit my 50k miles and out of warranty I may as well tune it up beyond SVR even if we don't quite get the pops & bangs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Stuart - any plans to have a valvetronic exhaust kit for the 2018 models? Since they changed the rear bumper on the 2018s, the exhaust tips would have to be modified. I'd love to have a variable exhaust (quiet versus loud) on mine. If you need a 2018 RRS Autobiography to test on, I'd be up for a discussion on it! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
w/ the SVR is programmed to slightly over-fuel, causing unburnt gas to pop and crackle through the exhaust system when you come off the throttle, could that affect be gained with a tune and exhaust on the AB designed for that purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hmm...have the Quicksilver exhaust for my 2014 RRS v8 Supercharged...wonder if this could be a replacement. What about drone?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Based on the testing we have done with the FType, we don't expect to see any power increases. It's mainly for two reasons: 1. More sound (cut)
Hi Stuart, your Sport Exhaust includes a valves that opens and closes in order to increase or decrease sound, is this correct? If so:

- Do you have switch to manually open and close the exhaust valves?
- When valves are closed, is the noise similar to stock levels? I’m thinking of long trips on the highway.

Catalyst Temperatures. These 5.0L Engines do get hot quickly, and the car has protection mode tables built in which reduce power when catalyst temperature becomes too high. So by changing to a 200 cell sport cat, with less resistance you can keep cat temperatures down, and run optimal power settings more often in real world conditions.
If I understand correctly, performance is unaffected directly by the Sport Exhaust…however, it may do so indirectly. If the vehicle is used at higher temperatures, the car may be able to run more often at optimal power settings, with a slight increase in performance, is this correct?

I live in Panama (Central America), and during the day temperatures range between 90 to 100 F, year round, so I'm guessing that in these conditions your exhaust might optimize performance.

Thank you so much,
Alessandro

·
Vendor
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking forward for mine to arrive. Fitting to my 2015 RRS ATB with ECU / Pulley and cold plugs. Will share dyno results once it arrives and all installed.

I figured that now I've hit my 50k miles and out of warranty I may as well tune it up beyond SVR even if we don't quite get the pops & bangs.
Yours are done, should be shipping today and arrive Thursday. They are a real quick install, you ought to be able to get them on for the weekend.

·
Vendor
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay Boys and Girls.... we're up and running with this one. Will fit the Range Rover Sport 5.0SC 2014-on, non-SVR version.

Valved Exhaust:
http://www.velocityap.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VEL-RRSPORTVALVED5.0

200 Cell Downpipes:
http://www.velocityap.com/Range-Rover-Sport-200-Cell-Sport-Catalyst-Downpipe-p/vel-rrsport200cell.htm

The Valved Exhaust has been designed complete with an XPipe, and the muffler construction very similar to the F-Type SVR. So if you have ever heard one of those, our exhaust system on your Range Rover Sport will sound very, very similar to an F-Type SVR. The videos we were able to capture show the exhaust in the 'open' position, coupled with the 200 cell sport cats. Obviously if you fitted this exhaust, but with the stock cats the sound will be quieter. With stock cats, as mentioned will sound virtually identical to a stock SVR FType.

We chose a nice carbon Fiber tail trim for this, but we can potentially work with our tailpipe supplier on a couple of other options if people prefer something different. These are a clamp-on trim so that gives easy interchange provided the inlet, length & width are appropriate.

Installation is pretty quick, on both the exhaust and the cats. Everything is quite accessible. The valve controller takes a little time but the install is maybe a 2/10 for any shop that's used to installing exhausts, stereos etc. The valves run off vacuum so it requires a take-off vacuum source from the engine bay, and lines to be run to the valves. The solenoid is installed inline, and hardwired (plug in harness supplied) to the wireless controller. The controller simply requires a key-on live 12v power source, and a ground, and is then controlled by remote control. That entire system is included with the exhaust.

Video Clips are at the bottom. I would recommend a good set of speakers or headphones to really capture the depth of the sound.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts