RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is what my dealer is telling me at the moment.

Supposedly my First Edition is built, has already made the voyage across the pond, and is currently sitting at the US entry port awaiting regulation. Once that happens, it will be transported to my dealer along with all the other new Velars to their respective dealers.

My dealer was expecting it August but apparently they got word that they will not be released from port until Sept 1 at the earliest for some unspecified reason.

Oh well, I've waited this long, what's another month...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to know, thanks. I haven't received any concrete info.

I ordered mine as soon as orders went live, it was supposedly built in June and already shipped over...but haven't heard anything about an official launch.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
21 Posts
Velars started to show up at dealers this week. I saw the first one delivered to Motorworks in Hoffman Estates yesterday. And my home dealer in Atlanta (Northpoint) called to say that 6 just came off the truck. Nice dashboard. Good looking truck, but the back seat is quite a bit smaller than I expected. I am probably still focused on a new full size when they get updated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They are hitting lots now. My dealer got one unexpectedly this week as a driver - they have already had 3 offers on it but won't sell it until they get others in inventory. They expect the first pre-orders to arrive any day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good to hear that they are arriving at lots now, still none here in Canada yet although have been told they are at port and just waiting for JLR to release them. I was at the dealership on Friday and they still did not know when they would arrive.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Canadian regulations are very similar to our EPA bits. In fact overall NAS standards exceed Canadian guidelines just to meet US federal and California guidelines. You do however have some odd lighting bits like auto DRLs and different fog light guidelines that perhaps have not been approved yet only because of it being a new model. New models make a mess of things when on a compressed timeline wher an existing model almost always has carry over approval. It really can not be too much of an issue up there so I am sure Canadian rigs will be released shortly.

·
Registered
321 Posts
When I went in to my dealer for my 22s to get installed they had a grey Velar in the garage and it isnt bad looking car. It was just for show not any customer car. They should be coming relatively soon.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
245 Posts
Saw 2 trucks full of Velars on the Ohio Turnpike today headed west, so they are on there way to the dealerships. Dealer in Pittsburgh already has 6 or 8, with 2 available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts