RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After some input from those of you that own a Velar.

We are looking to buy a Velar (love the look), but when we test drove recently, the seats in the front and the rear (in particular) were hard and not particularly comfortable. I can't imagine doing any long journeys.

We have two young children, so the last thing I want to do is buy an expensive car, only to have them complain during every journey!!

It's more than possible that the sales rep put us in to a basic Velar as he was trying to push us towards the Sport - I know that the seats didn't have the 20-way adjustment, just the basic. It was an R-Dynamic on a D300 engine, but I believe it was basic spec.

What are your views? Are the seats comfortable? Would you do a 600 mile journey and feel fresh at the end (we drive to France each year).

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks all,

CT

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Base model does not offer much comfort or support in the seats. 600? I would do 100. say, can you put your loacation in your profile. kinda hard to look for options

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have updated my profile - I'm in the UK.

So, do you have any views on the non-base models? Are the seats more comfortable? I'm not just interested in the front seats; I can find plenty of posts that indicate the 20 position seats are better than the base - it's the rear seats that I can't get much info on...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I purchased an R-Dynamic, and it had the basic seat without lumbar support. Which is weird because it is heated/cooled. I don't think it's a great seat, but it's not bad either. I'm still playing with the adjustments on the seat so the lack of lumbar support doesn't bother me too much. I recently went camping and did about 150 miles each way. It was fine, and I had no back pains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
heychubs
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing