RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading south on Garden State Parkway not too far from JLR HQ...The side looks very nice with the flush handles as well as the interior with the large tablet like center console...even the front was nice...the back is another story...

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,682 Posts
Ugh... I still say that rear side window looks like an old Chrysler Pacifica had a drunken night with an Evoque. Then you add the oversized wind foil on the back and it now looks like an Infinity FX got kicked in the fanny. I think this is the first I have seen a lame attempt at the floating roof. I hope folks stick with the contrasting roof. I can help but get the feeling that little patch of black on the D pillar looks like a rattle can job because it lines up with... nothing. I would have to say that with real life photos my interest is fading.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Driving in the rain with the lights off... In Jersey no less. tisk tisk tisk lol

I also agree with the D pillar. It just doesn't look right.

I still need to see this this in person or at the very least parked next to something that I already know the size of.

Another Land Rover perhaps? An F-Pace? Heck a standard sedan even. Before I physically saw an Evoque I thought it was nice but then stood next to one and thought way way smaller than I was thinking.

I do like the door handles and the steeing wheel though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Driving in the rain with the lights off... In Jersey no less. tisk tisk tisk lol

I also agree with the D pillar. It just doesn't look right.

I still need to see this this in person or at the very least parked next to something that I already know the size of.

Another Land Rover perhaps? An F-Pace? Heck a standard sedan even. Before I physically saw an Evoque I thought it was nice but then stood next to one and thought way way smaller than I was thinking.

I do like the door handles and the steeing wheel though.
I recently saw a velar (also in NJ) stopped at a red light across from me. There was an older GMC Acadia next to it and the first thing i noticed was how wide the Velar is, the front appeared much wider than the Acadia. Second, most Velar press photos to date have the car parked in "access mode" which makes it look short and "slammed". However in normal driving mode, it wasn't that much shorter than the Acadia.

As for the D-pillar, they say this is the most aerodynamic RR so far, I wonder if its more related to that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah, Sport definitely looks the part of off-roader more and Velar screams suburban warrior / city slicker with its cleaner modern lines. That said, side by side, the Velar really makes the Sport's deisgn look very dated. Very curious at what the next gen Sport or facelift refresh will look like if Land Rover follows through with their statements that the Velar is ushering in the brand's new design language.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting that the Velar starting MSRP is the same as the new Disco...The Evoque should never have been a Range Rover...it should have been a Land Rover...

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Interesting that the Velar starting MSRP is the same as the new Disco...The Evoque should never have been a Range Rover...it should have been a Land Rover...
The Evoque is a Land Rover just like the RRS and the Full Size are. :)

But seriously I get what you mean. It probably has a lot to do with the huge departure in the design of the Evoque.

When the RRS came out you could easily tell how it evolved from that current generation full size. The evoque on the other hand was the first of the 3 (Full size and RRS) that went with a more aerodynamic shape.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is why I am not giving up my Defender...I can only imagine what a "replacement" would look like, priced at, and performance of....the fact that I can work on it with channel locks, a socket set, and a hammer makes it a Defender...lol

The Evoque is a Land Rover just like the RRS and the Full Size are. :)

But seriously I get what you mean. It probably has a lot to do with the huge departure in the design of the Evoque.

When the RRS came out you could easily tell how it evolved from that current generation full size. The evoque on the other hand was the first of the 3 (Full size and RRS) that went with a more aerodynamic shape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts