RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • My supercharged 2008 RRS shudders at speeds between speed from 30 to 40 MPH with mild jolting while accelerating only within this range.There are no fault codes and the transmission does not slip from gear to gear. Anyone experienced this issue with recommendations? The dealer recommends full transmission replacement @6K. Or offer some advice for this repair and suggest best option to fix at lowest maintenance cost.

·
Registered
298 Posts
  • My supercharged 2008 RRS shudders at speeds between speed from 30 to 40 MPH with mild jolting while accelerating only within this range.There are no fault codes and the transmission does not slip from gear to gear. Anyone experienced this issue with recommendations? The dealer recommends full transmission replacement @6K. Or offer some advice for this repair and suggest best option to fix at lowest maintenance cost.
2012 L322 S/C literally just had mine looked at TODAY.

• Idles smooth
  • Cruises smooth (70 MPH / 2K RPM)
But that magic range of 50 MPH / 1400 RPM is where I have some RPM bouncing and mild stuttering. No codes.

They mentioned cleaning MAF sensor and crankcase breather (I imagine they meant PCV valve). I’m picking up tomorrow with estimates for the work.

I’ll share tomorrow and you can pursue this if you feel comfortable or take it to a mechanic (don’t mention what my diag was, just see what yours says!) and kindly report back for all the rest of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Check your center bearing on the rear prop shaft. They go bad.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check your center bearing on the rear prop shaft. They go bad.
Excellent. FWIW I’m at 135k miles and already have one “transmission output shaft replaced” on my CARFAX. Could be it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry all. I did not receive the paperwork as expected with diagnosis and estimates when I picked up. (Did not have a chance to ask. I paid via phone and picked up after hours. I’ll obtain this week when I get the other key fob back.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All, My 2008 Sport HSE 126,000 miles shudders 30-32 mph goes away by 35 then back again 40-42 then gone again aro 45. This started upon return from service for coolant hoses and half shaft. Never experienced it before. Tried to locate Dantheman1 as he found a shop in West Palm that repaired a vacuum line and seemed to eliminate similar symptoms. Anyone else have this problem or know where in West Palm to take it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
subscribed. same symptoms around 1500-2000rpm. if I'm on the gas and accelerate thru that rpm range, it's fine, but if I'm steady at that rpm range, it'll shudder. I'm at 210,000 miles. friend with less miles on LR3 having same issues.

·
Registered
298 Posts
subscribed. same symptoms around 1500-2000rpm. if I'm on the gas and accelerate thru that rpm range, it's fine, but if I'm steady at that rpm range, it'll shudder. I'm at 210,000 miles. friend with less miles on LR3 having same issues.
210,000 on a 5.0? If so, wow! What’s the journey been like?

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
210,000 on a 5.0? If so, wow! What’s the journey been like?

about as good as it gets. I had a diff leak super early on replaced under new vehicle warranty. driving it like it should be: 18s since 2007. unobtainium rover specialties rock sliders. wheeled all over the place. ditched air suspension almost 2 years ago. it's still my daily driver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts