1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 HSE Lux - 85k miles
Ok,

i have a stupid question. Variable Dynamic Suspension. Do I have it? I think not, there is no wiring harness going to the front shocks nor do I have the trailer package. I pulled the vin report however it offered no info on several options on the vehicle, which I assume VDS is.

What prompted this is it has been cold here in Dallas the past few days. I park in my garage at night and had no problem with the suspension holding. I go to work early in the morning and when I park, all is fine but within 30-45 minutes the front end is on the bump stops. When I go to lunch, startup, suspension pumps up, compressor runs about 90 seconds. No fault codes at all. Suspension holds while driving and haven’t noticed compressor running. Suspension only drops when it below 45 degrees.

I have pulled the fuse to see if one side would dip, didn’t make any difference. Front was on stops. Did the a quick soapy water test with no results. I will do a more thorough check this weekend. As well as inspect the valve block.

I have spent the past 3 days reading and searching threads. Im thinking of going ahead and replacing both front bags however Arnott only sells the shocks for models with VDS. So if there is any direction you guys can offer it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, JW

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
341 Posts
The VDS system should be able to be verified by a phone call to the LR dealership with your VIN.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do I know if my L322 has VDS or not? I need to replace a strut, and know someone selling one, but it is for VDS RRs only. Any help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts