RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you had the vanos done on your L322? If so how much

ive just got this car and got it on my locals testbook to see what faults it had and cleared all but a P1527 code that wouldn't go away.

What are your thoughts on what you would do in my situation, i do have a 3 month warranty with the RAC

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
The vanos units(attached to the intake camshafts) are a pretty big repair, and get pricey. That said, the fault code that you have is not for those.

The P1527(P0082 with newer diagnostic equipment) is for the solenoid that controls the vanos units. I have replaced a few of these, but seen far more issues with the wiring to them. They are the cylinders that stick out towards the radiator directly below the valve covers, one on each bank. It takes a special socket to remove/replace them, but its a fairly simple job, book time is around 2 hours for both.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Can you just change the solenoids?
I have one that looks abit **** as if spilt talc on it.
How do you know which is bank 2?
Dave, correct me if I'm wrong, but as you're sitting in the vehicle facing forward, bank 2 is on your left.
In other words, if you are in front of the vehicle looking into the engine compartment, bank 2 is on your right (driver side on US configuration).

Dave, between you and RRPhil, I can't imagine any problem we could encounter on our RRs that we can't fix with help from he two of you.

Thanks very much for your selfless help on so many topics.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I second that. It is such a pleasure to hear a technical description of how something works and be able to solve a issue with the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all new to the forum.

I have a 2004 4.4.V8 104k miles.
After a full service/oil service I've developed this noise. Could anyone tell me if this is timing chain or vanosLink to video

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Your original post was good enough buddy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts