RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks i am new to this forum and new to RRC i haven't hd mine long but it overheated and died.

the engine is being rebuilt but i need help with a part number please

its for a 1990 3.5 V8EFI the guy here tells me its an oil seal for the valve? not sure i can do most things but this is beyond my ability.

anyway i can't get the part over here (OMAN) so need to get some from UK.

any help would be great thanks.

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Part number appears to be ERC7865 (see http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-ERC7865) although the picture looks slightly different. Rimmer Bros say that these are inlet only, are the exhaust ones different or doesn't it have any on the exhausts? However, I recently bought a complete top end gasket set for my P38 engine and it came with gaskets and seals for earlier engines too. I'm fairly sure there was a bag of seals looking like your picture. I'm working away from home until Friday but once I'm back I can have a look and see if the dimensions are the same. If they are you are welcome to them as they are no use to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much, thats the part number i found too, the seals appear to come in two shapes, what i have and a flat washer looking version.

all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Seals are on inlet only as the intake stroke can suck in oil down the valve stem. I read somewhere on this forum that there is a later oil seal - but I think it needs different valve stems or something.

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
The later seal is the more conventional type but it needs a stepped top to the valve guides which the earlier ones don't have. The gasket set I bought may well have both types, the ones that you have and the ones in the Rimmer Bros picture. I'll check for you when I get back home at the weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts