RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if someone out there could kindly give me some assistance..

I have meticulously rebuilt the valve block in my 1998 hse 4.6, taking photos along the way to ensure all went back together correctly. Btw the diaphragm was badly cracked so replaced that. I put it all back under the hood but have had trouble from that point on.. I had an eas hard fault before I started which I knew about, I have the cable and the application to unlock it, which I used plenty of times before doing the rebuild.

So my steps after putting the valve block etc back in were.
1. Turn ignition to 2nd click
2. The EAS fault message appears
3. Plugged in the pc and tried to unlock it but with no success - I can operate the pump so I know the app is talking to the ecu ok. But the eas fault message keeps beeping/flashing up at me repeatedly.
4. I unplugged the ECU and try a few manual steps.
5. I hook 1 & 8 and that gets the pump going. But when I try hooking up 10 or 26 nothing happens. When touching 10 should I expect to hear a solenoid? I turned off the pump so I could listen more carefully. Basically the only thing that works is turning the pump on.

Could there be a fuse issue? any thoughts would be muchly appreciated.. I'm pulling my hair out.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
sounds like the wiring isn't connected right (I got your email too..). I've had other guys with the same problem, the wires from the solenoids plug into the short harness coming out of the driver module, the long wires from the driver plug into the wiring harness from the rover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mate.. you're a legend!! you were 100% correct, I got the wiring backwards - I didn't even consider the 2 of the plugs might be the same. After manually bringing up each corner I ran the easunlock again and this time its worked. Its currently running riding at a normal height. I think I'm probably going to be in for new airbags as well as they've been sitting on the bump stops a while now. Thanks muchly!! I'd be more than happy to throw a few kiwi dollars your way for your help, where do I donate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts