Range Rovers Forum banner

Valve Block question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  viperover 
#1 ·
Hi, I finally replaced the diaphragm on my rebuilt valve block. I installed it, instead of the one I'm using now (my front goes up when parked). I turned the car with the door opened to fill up the tank first. I noticed that the compressor was working, but one of the wires that provides power to the compressor was a little hot (I accidentally touched it and was surprised by it). I installed the other valve block, and the wire was ok, and the compressor worked and the car started to level. Following the air hoses, I saw that the air comming from the compressor goes to an air filter, then returns to the valve block. When I had the rebuilt valve block, and turned off the car, I heard a "puuuufffffff", like pressured air being released. I think maybe the air is going to the filter and then to the valve block, but it is being stopped there, and it is not going to the tank. I'm not sure if this is something common when rebuilding a valve block, or if I somehow blocked an air passage or something. I'm desperate, and am thinking of ordering a rebuilt unit from Dennis, since my efforts didn't pay off.

The only hing is that he doesn't have a rebuilt unit in stock, and shipping mine from Guatemala to him would take a good month.......jaja :(

Do you guys have any sugestions??????? :think: :think:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi

Read the air suspension description and operation on the main pages of Rangerovers.net.

The puff you hear when you switch off the car is the air compressor stopping and blowing off the air that is inside the hose towards the diaphram valve which is deactivated when you switch off or when the compressor stops.
The filter you are referring to is the air dryer which bonds the water in the system of the water entering and releasing it together with the air that exits. Filters are on the suction side of the compressor and a silencer at the exit point of the air.

To check whether air is going towards the tank, diconnect the hose towards the tank and start the car and see whether you get the air from the compressor. If you have problems with the air not going where it should recheck the 3 non return valves in the block for proper installation and also check if the air is not exiting through the silencer when the compressor runs if it is your diaphram is not working properly.

Regards

Jos

#3 ·
Thanks for the prompt response. I think I might have some problem in the non return valves, since I have no air going thru the silencer. Las time I installed it, that was the problem, that is why I changed the diaphragm.

Regards

#5 ·
Thanks for the help. I checked the non return valves, and as Dennis said, one was wrong.... :doh:
I thought I followed all the steps when I rebuild it, but I guess I missed that one... :crybaby2:

The good news is that I fixed it, and today I installed it and so far it is working nicely. I hope tomorrow morning it is still at normal height.

Regards

#6 ·
Feels good when it all works right but terrible when it doesnt and when it doesnt work like it should after a round of
spanner swinging and swearing you want to give up, sell the bloody thing, burn it, trade it in on a rice burner then....
you think a bit deeper, ask around and presto all those horrible thougts simply fade away with a sigh of relief

Great stuff cos its a blooming Rangie....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.