RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to solve an issue with the EAS... just put in new air bags, compressor, and rebuilt the valve block... I did screw up the valve orientation in the relief block, which I think I've corrected... however... I may have put the solenoid on backwards... will this affect the unit from working correctly? Basically all five of the solenoids on the top of the unit are facing in the same direction... I recall one of the five (the solenoid in question) facing the opposite direction of the other four...

Any help?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, will I need to discharge the pressure from the system to just simply flip the solenoid orientation?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
I believe there's no issue with Orientation of the solenoid. If you're talking about the last one which is different and with blue wires, it has to be upside down compared to the others.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's the way I have it... I never wanted to be one of those people who ran into EAS issues... I had no issues until I replaced the bags...

I see other people with similar issues posting, and it seems to be a bad relay, which I've swapped for another one and the issue continues...

This time when firing it up, it went to normal level... then, after about 4 or 5 minutes, I shut it off... restarted it, and it went immediately to the highest level... Selecting the lowest level brought the front end down to normal ride height, but the rears stayed up... and the vehicle never leveled and continued to try leveling...

Any suggestions are appreciated... I'll continue reading.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
JFo said:
Yeah, that's the way I have it... I never wanted to be one of those people who ran into EAS issues... I had no issues until I replaced the bags...

I see other people with similar issues posting, and it seems to be a bad relay, which I've swapped for another one and the issue continues...

This time when firing it up, it went to normal level... then, after about 4 or 5 minutes, I shut it off... restarted it, and it went immediately to the highest level... Selecting the lowest level brought the front end down to normal ride height, but the rears stayed up... and the vehicle never leveled and continued to try leveling...

Any suggestions are appreciated... I'll continue reading.
sounds like you got solenoids mixed up (LF on the RR or similar..)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did them one at a time, so I don't know how that would have happened, though I have put them back together three times in just as many days...

How would I verify the placement of the solenoids? Is there a way to test them?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would the orientation of the valve under the solenoid being wrong create this kind of symptom? Is there a right way and a wrong way to seat the valve to the block?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just rechecked everything... put it back together...

Vehicle raises to Normal level, then 30 seconds later, goes to HIGH level... when I press to return to Normal height, the front drops no problem, and the rear stays the same....

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
that's starting to sound like a driver module dying. unfortunately the only way to test is replace with a known good spare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts