Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valve block/Compressor refurbished - Scotty comes through... again!

Thanks goes out to Scotty (SoCalUsedRoverParts: https://www.socalusedroverparts.com/), for sending me the valve block o-ring rebuild kit and compressor rebuild kit for my EAS. He sent them very quickly and I was able to rebuild my EAS valve block ( http://paulp38a.com/99p38a/eas-valve-block-renew/ ) and my compressor before my trip to Death Valley next week. It took about 4 hours total for the rebuild, but I did have some help rebuilding the compressor from a friend who has done it before.

Dennis (FourPoints formerly Rover Renovations) is not shipping products, even though the website is up, and never delivered on an order I placed in January. Buyer beware...

Some notes/comments on the rebuild:

EAS block:

The rebuild instructions above are great, but it is actually not a very technical rebuild.

Take it slow and be sure each o-ring is properly seated.

Number the block as well as the outside and inside of each valve.

During re-installation, be carefull b/c the collets can fall out really easily and get lost/difficult to find. I recommend not putting the collets in until the valve block is bolted back into the housing. The collets are not ferrous, meaning that even with a magnet, you cannot retrieve them from the dark corners of the firewall where they will fall.

For the compressor: be sure you use the correct small allen key for the recessed bolt holding the piston to the shaft.

Thanks again Scotty!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Re: Valve block/Compressor refurbished - Scotty comes through... again!

Thank you for the kind words Ted! We really appreciate your support...

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,277 Posts
Re: Valve block/Compressor refurbished - Scotty comes through... again!

Me and Scotty have talked about that situation numerous times. Unfortunately it was one of the two nicest guys we have both dealt with that got a little "burned" in that deal. The other possibility being Don, who I built a motor for, installed, and generally fixed up his rig.
I must say, between the two of you, you are THE perfect customers in both mine and Scotty's experiences.:thumb:
Glad it worked out in the end, at least you know you can count on a couple of us to do what we can to make a situation right, regardless of who made it wrong.

Martin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.