RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to sell my RRC, I started building it when I was seventeen and it has been in my workshop unfinished for nineteen years. A bit of history/specs on it;
I started out with a 1973 two door with almost nothing left of the body. I did some welding on the chassis and had it galvanised. It still has it's original V8 and LT95 with overdrive. The axle casings etc are original but with later Disco parts and many, many new parts.
I got hold of a 1993 four door body shell in 1999. It has no welding, no rust... anywhere. The interior is complete and extremelly good (apart from the headlining). Wheels are Wolfrace Turbovecs with BFGs.
I have an old style V5 for it which says it's a V8 Range Rover 'Estate'. I also have the plates from the slam panel.
I put a Pro-Comp 2" lift uprated kit on it when I was young and polybushed everything.
Theres and LT77S, Borg Warner transfer, LT230 transfer and a complete unused Milner Isuzu 2.8Td conversion kit with it.
The following are unfinished bits: some brakes, fuel tank and lines, some electrical and refitting the interior plus the things I've forgotten.
I hate to get rid of it but it takes up most of my workshop.
Can anyone out there give me an opinion on what I should be asking for it as I find it impossible to put even an estimate on.

Many thanks.
MMG2.JPG

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
you will never get your value out of it. at the danger of coming across as severy lack of optimism, it is worth what you're willing to accept for it. you may have many people show interest in your work, but may be unwilling to undertake the completion you have started.
that being said if listed properly and in the right circle, you may be able to sell in a short time and hopefully for a good value.

best of luck. great work on bringing back and old classic while combining the new elements.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Range Rover is currently in one piece, the shell is attached to the rolling chassis but it is still needing work.
I'm in the process of digging it out of my workshop, then I'll take some up to date photos.
Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've managed to uncover my RR but it's been slow progress. I had to do a head gasket on my forklift in order to move some things. Hopefully here are some current pics.
P1020458.JPG P1020459.JPG P1020461.JPG
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts