RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in Florida getting ready to fly back to PHL. When we parked on Christmas Day to head south, the lots were so filled that they gave us "Valet Service" for the normal price as I went online a month or so ago and reserved parking in advance and paying for the first day. My odometer read 1966 miles.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I can stop thinking about that red Ferrari in Ferris Buehler's Day Off. Any real valet aprking nightmares out there? I'll let you all know how things turn out later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Swiss Hotel Drake in NYC - Fall 2002, Dropped the my 2001 GMC Yukon Denali off on Friday, retrieved it on Monday….

Little did they know the Denali has a Driver Information Center near the radio, it displays mileage for the last 7 days, top speed etc . On Saturday and Sunday the valet drove it a 186 miles with a top speed of a 98 miles….I took pictures of the display and sent them to the Hotel Manager…Needless to say our 3 day hotel stay was completely complimentary and they sent me $500 for gas and a full detail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Avistar Airport Parking at Ohare - inside valet but offsite. G500 I just got several months before. Noticed something was wrong immediately b/c the steering felt weird. Walk around the car - dented front bumper. My theory is that idiots had turned on the diff locks and probably hit something when the truck wouldn't turn correctly. They hadn't figured it out or driven it enough afterwards to fully unlock the front diff lock. Refuse to leave until they take pictures, give me copies, and document the damage. Drive immediately to the Shiller Park police department (who has some not so pleasant stories to relay about this operation) and file a police report. What followed was months of frustration until finally I traced through all the different shell corps that own the business. I called the owner directly explain the situation and demand a check FedEx'd overnight or I'm renting the billboard right above the Avistar lot to "advertise" what happened to my car and who the actual ownership is w/ his contact info. Check arrived next day.

The MB dealer's valets/mechanics damaged my G500 three times.

Several parking tickets have arrived weeks later from eating at restaurants with valet parking.

Long story short - I don't valet anymore.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I never valet anything I own because of this. Lots of jealous people out there with nothing to lose but an $8/hr valet job. When there is no option with parking, we take the wife's car (GX470 - nice car but there's no reason to take that for a joyride).

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I don't, and won't valet.

That being said, we were walking to watch the fireworks over the bay a couple years back...through the valet lot. I watched a kid SLAM the back of a brand new (temp tags) F250 into a light pole, then run away like it never happened. I told the valet and restaurant management, as well as the owner after I had him paged. Who knows how that one turned out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am happy to report that the pick-up went flawlessly :D . Only one 1 mile increase in the ODO. The attendants were great. Came to find out these guys are rated #1 for valet parking around the Philly Airport. Their name is Smart Park.

·
Registered
867 Posts
1979 BMW 530i. Baby blue with a black interior. Went to the courthouse with a working transmission. Picked up the car from the valet with a busted transmission. And 54 miles more on the odometer. I had to pay for it.

Still one of the best cars I ever owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts