RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I finally got around to hooking up my Valentine 1 in my 05 RR HSE. After it starts up, it is reading full strength on the laser band. Why is it doing this? Is there something in the car putting out the laser signal? I used it on my previous car (Honda S200) and didn't have any issues. Please help!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Is it close to the navigations screen? The V1 can throw false laser alerts if its sensors pick up the light from the satnav monitor, or reflections off the hood of the car... I mounted mine high on the windshield (2006 RRS) and the only false laser alarms I get now are from approaching Infiniti and other vehicles fitted with laser cruise control. :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
umbertob said:
Is it close to the navigations screen? The V1 can throw false laser alerts if its sensors pick up the light from the satnav monitor, or reflections off the hood of the car... I mounted mine high on the windshield (2006 RRS) and the only false laser alarms I get now are from approaching Infiniti and other vehicles fitted with laser cruise control. :D
Bingo - caused by the radio/nav display. Need to change/move where you have the V1 mounted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PDC is Ultrasound, not Electromagnetic, like Radar or Laser so it is not that.

My V1 is mounted high just to the left of the rear view mirror, and tapped into a electrical circuit going to the lighting switches up there.
This way it gets a good chance of picking up laser from the rear also.

My biggest complaint with the V1 is that it keeps getting false Lidar alerts from all of the Infinity FX35 and QX bone heads who drive all the time with their auto cruise control on. That system uses laser distance rangefinding to control the cruise control velocity and acceleration. It is a real pain to get popped by one, instant deceleration and instant heart rate increase, only to see the Infinity in the lane next to you and no police in sight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was the problem. I moved it closer to the rear view mirror and its working great. Thanks!!

Now I just have to figure out how to hardwire it. Has anyone ever narrowed down which wire to tap in to? I've read some previous posts and didn't seem to come up with a definitive answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts