RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a 2011 RRS HSE Lux and its a 5L V8. I am considering getting a newer RRS, but I am concerned about going from a V8 to V6 "Supercharged". I was wondering if anyone had any comparison or good/bad feedback?

I've always been a "no replacement, for displacement" kinda guy, and I just can't see how a 6 can be as strong as an 8 in both reserve power as well as daily driving (granted I am not driving at Le Mans, but I like to know that my truck has that "get up and go").

Thanks In Advance for any feedback you can provide.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,422 Posts
I am a drag racer so I do like speed. I have other cars that I actually race so my need for speed is satisfied. After doing research, I decided on buying my 2014 HSE exactly 4 years ago and have never been happier. I use it to tow my race cars to the track and it has been effortless with relatively good fuel mileage. I have taken it to the strip and stock it ran 14.75 which I thought was pretty good. I had it tuned and pullied and with now with over 400 hp, it runs 14.25; a half second faster which is all I need in a daily driver. There are a lot of faster cars on the road and don't need to be racing these cars. The RRS is fast enough to get out of it's way, gets good economy and I have had zero issues with it.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
V6 is a fine engine and more than adequate, but if you are used to the V8 it’s hard to change.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
The NA V8 and the SCV6 have vastly different personalities. As you know, HP-wise there isn't much of a difference.
Their feel however, is night and day.

Do testdrive & report back, please.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mines got the V6 380hp & would feel heavy but only some what, hard to explain.
I then switched it to Dynamic mode & it all changed; all of a sudden the flux capacitor was engaged & I hit 85 on a whim. It felt light and surprisingly quick. I invested in Microsoft & Amazon & just waiting for the payout to get the SVR.
All jokes aside, I test drove the V8 SC, but I didn’t gun it though. I’m sure there’s a difference, about 2 cylinders worth, but surprisingly the 6 is NO slouch at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drove both back to back and personally found the V6 engine and transmission combo perfect around town but a bit lacking when merging onto an expressway. As a result, I ordered the V8SC.

·
Vendor
164 Posts
Greetings,

I have a 2011 RRS HSE Lux and its a 5L V8. I am considering getting a newer RRS, but I am concerned about going from a V8 to V6 "Supercharged". I was wondering if anyone had any comparison or good/bad feedback?

I've always been a "no replacement, for displacement" kinda guy, and I just can't see how a 6 can be as strong as an 8 in both reserve power as well as daily driving (granted I am not driving at Le Mans, but I like to know that my truck has that "get up and go").

Thanks In Advance for any feedback you can provide.
We have an ECU Tune & Crank Pulley package that will get you 450BHP & 443ft/lbs on the V6. Less then 20ft/lbs shy of the 5.0SC you have now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just traded my 2014 V8 Supercharged in for a 2018 V6 Supercharged HSE... 340hp, the new car is great, pick up when you need it on the highway.

If you are flooring it between stop lights the V6 will not match the V8’s power. The V6 is definitely a quieter car to match the luxury ride of the 2018. The V8 exhaust is a head turner, also sound inside the car... the V6 sound is subdued.

I enjoyed the power of the V8, I think the new V6 SC is more than good, and it will get better gas mileage... as well.

Drive one, you will see the V6 setup has enough power.. You can Bank the difference in cost from the V8 to V6 and go on a great vacation with the savings :)))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts