RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a MY2018 3G or 4G connected car set up their vehicle to use streaming music apps like Spotify or Pandora directly from the car? Meaning you are using the car’s internet connection and InControl system to control and stream the music service versus using your mobile phone to stream either tethered or Bluetooth connected to the vehicle?

i don’t see any music services in the JLR Live section on My MY2018 yet, but would think that there has to be a way to use a music service directly from the dash given the built-in connectivity. Welcome any suggestions from current or prior years owners that have made this work in a connected car environment.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is something they call Online Media with no need to connect any phone. With Deezer and TuneIn. Works good. The only issue I have is that Deezer only shows playlists from A-N but hopefully it will be solved with next software update.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
469 Posts
Do the incontrol apps still only play through Bluetooth?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

Found the Incontrol app - definitely feels remedial to what is available in the marketplace, especially given the advance nature of Touch Pro Duo and connected car capabilities in the vehicle. In the U.S. I am only seeing Spotify for music along with a radio app called Audials. I will look for the Online Media app as I don’t see it yet; maybe it’s in the Live apps section or someplace else on the dash.

On MY2018 there are USB jacks that you can plug your phone into for control of the system versus Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
54 Posts
Thanks all.

Found the Incontrol app - definitely feels remedial to what is available in the marketplace, especially given the advance nature of Touch Pro Duo and connected car capabilities in the vehicle. In the U.S. I am only seeing Spotify for music along with a radio app called Audials. I will look for the Online Media app as I don’t see it yet; maybe it’s in the Live apps section or someplace else on the dash.

On MY2018 there are USB jacks that you can plug your phone into for control of the system versus Bluetooth.
Agree, the Incontrol app, seems ancient. I use Apple Music, and with my phone connected by bluetooth, I can select playlists, browse my music on the upper screen of the Touch Pro Duo system. Any music downloaded to my phone is available on screen. Usually, I select from my downloaded playlists. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Totya - exactly what I was looking for. I never saw the online media as a source before until today, but maybe it doesn’t kick in unless your car is connected to the internet. Dealer folks never mentioned this functionality and probably didn’t even know about it, frankly.

They only have two services but hopefully this expands over time. I’m wondering if new service updates will require a trip back to the dealer for a full software update or if they will enable us to do this ourselves . If anyone sees new services hit their vehicle, please let everyone in the forum know about it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Has anyone gotten Spotify to work through incontrol? My Samsung S8 won't load incontrol at all (probably because it is rooted), the Pixel XL loads fine, but Spotify doesn't work. If you click on Spotify on the screen, the phone goes to the Spotify app, but then incontrol disconnects. The calander, music, etc...Work fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone confirm the full app version that allows online media? My 2017 Rover shows 2017c10-4957. I have no online media source and Land Rover recently updated the software to the version shown above. I find no help online. Live shows no updates as of last week. I have a Deezer Premium account and have nothing. Please help with Rover software info, anyone. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
My '17 Sport with the latest ICTP version (I think) doesn't seem to have online media, either. It looks like it's an '18 only thing which, given the higher-speed connectivity, does make some sense.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
19 Posts
Deezer is supported on the in control online media section as well. I happen to use Deezer to stream on my home Sonos system because deezer streams in lossless format (FLAC), so the audio quality is much higher than Spotify. The mobile app for the iPhone used to stream in lossless as well, but they just downgraded the quality a few months ago (i used to stream using the app while in my 2016 E63 wagon which I traded in for the RRS). The interface with deezer using "online media" on the Incontrol system is great. It has all my favorites and playlists, album art, etc. I am not sure if it is streaming in lossless or not -- the mid range meridian system isn't good enough from me to tell the difference between a lossless file and a degraded 160 or 320 kbps file (on the bang and olufsen on my E63, there was a big difference). The only problem I'm having is that my data connection is still 3G (I know others are getting 4G now), so there is a lot of buffering going on...

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
your dealer must contact AT&T and give them your I guess IMEI number as an '18 car so that AT&T can (and must) enable LTE on that SIM. There was someone else here a few weeks back who didn't get 4G in the car even after most of us got enabled and their dealer managed to get them sorted out. It's only a phone call for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts