RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway of changing the codes to get the navigation to work while driving. It sucks to have to stop to enter in an address, my mercedes allows me to enter info while driving but my new rover does not.

I saw liniks how to get into the diagnostic menu, and I get into it, but how do you change the codes to allow you to use the navigation while driving? Also anyway to watch movies while driving so the passenger can watch?

Lisa

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
If your car has the 2006 navigation disc, yes, If not, no.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is the 2010 Range Rover Sport, I read one post and got to the diagnostic area, but dont know how to disable it so I can drive and use navigation or even use the DVD player and see movie for the passenger while driving

Lisa

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Part of this answer will depend on your location. It;ll be a no fly here in the States for both until a crack is figured out for the DVD on the go

·
Registered
25 Posts
There was some experimentation with the 2010 diagnostics a while back on this board in an attempt to disable it, but it did not work. The DVD-based earlier models up to a point allowed this if you knew what to do and where to do it in the diagnostics, but I think it will be a while before we see anything for the 2010. It's no longer as simple as cutting a wire, and for legal reasons, LR has made it either extremely difficult (and top-secret) or darn-near-impossible. Being an optimist, I'd like to think that it is technically possible to bypass this, but I think it will take some time before we see any progress. My X6 and previous 335i BMWs allowed this (as well as voice destination entry while driving), and it was a nice feature for the passenger to have access to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ilovetokiss said:
Is there anyway of changing the codes to get the navigation to work while driving. It sucks to have to stop to enter in an address, my mercedes allows me to enter info while driving but my new rover does not.

I saw liniks how to get into the diagnostic menu, and I get into it, but how do you change the codes to allow you to use the navigation while driving? Also anyway to watch movies while driving so the passenger can watch?

Lisa
Personally, i'm glad that you cannot use your navigation while driving. The last thing we need is another road accident cause someone was trying to input an address on their GPS, especially with the RRS, you have to lean forward to type the info and i believe that this is an accident waiting to happen, IMHO.

It's a pain to stop, but safety first in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts