RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting an intermittent EAS error on my P38 and yesterday I decided to troubleshoot it. Instead of using my old trusty Toshiba with a serial port, I decided to try using an HP mini Netbook with a Serial to USB port converter running Windows 7 premium. It gave me 2 errors: a/ The car is moving; b/ RF Sensor failure and put the car into a Hard fault which I couldn't clear using the software.
I had to try EAS buddy few times to clear the Hard Fault condition.
My Serial to USB port replicator is made by Belkin. Any one using the EAS software on a newer Laptop without a Serial port?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
5 Posts
I am using a USB to serial converter I bought on EBay for $3.25 and Windows Vista running the EAS Unlock suite from Storey Wilson and it works great. According to some explanations I read about fault codes the message " car has moved" is not really important and should not be considered a fault code.

·
Registered
931 Posts
My Dell LT with Vista using a USB/serial convertor using the EAS software works fine.Make sure you have the latest drivers for your belkin convertor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
desertboy said:
I have been getting an intermittent EAS error on my P38 and yesterday I decided to troubleshoot it. Instead of using my old trusty Toshiba with a serial port, I decided to try using an HP mini Netbook with a Serial to USB port converter running Windows 7 premium. It gave me 2 errors: a/ The car is moving; b/ RF Sensor failure and put the car into a Hard fault which I couldn't clear using the software.
I had to try EAS buddy few times to clear the Hard Fault condition.
My Serial to USB port replicator is made by Belkin. Any one using the EAS software on a newer Laptop without a Serial port?
Hi.
I'm having problems getting EASunlock working in my Dell Windows 7 Home Premium.
What Microsoft .NET Framework do run with your Win 7?
Did you need to make any changes

Thanks,
Bernard.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
See my post in response to a similar problem http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43521&p=336590#p336590

I have not yet had a machine I could not get it working on... did I just jinx myself?

Just make sure your Windows Update has all current security and software patches applied, but not necessarily the dodgy optional ones like Windows Live that just screw up other things.

I try to avoid netbooks that run anything other than XP, as Win 7 Starter is a dog on an Atom machine with only 1GB of RAM. I do like the Samsung and Acer netbooks.

I have a Dell Studio 15 running Win 7 Pro, recently reverted back to Vista Home Premium. Both O/s installs run EAS Unlock like a charm with the PL-2303 USB-Serial Adapters we sell through Hard Range.

Latest addition is an Acer laptop running 64-bit Win 7. It also run EAS Unlock no problems.

It may take you a bit of fiddling, but it is worth it.

Cheers, Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts