RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After traveling internationally for a few weeks, I got home to a message on the screen when I started the car (2014 RRS Autobiography) that the "battery was low." I hooked up my battery tender, and it started charging.

However, at some point it seems that the car turns off the jump start/battery circuit, as the battery stops charging even though the charger remains connected. When I open the car door (causing the car's systems to wake up) charging starts again. Is there anyway to fix this so that the battery can get a full charge?

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,560 Posts
That post is directly connected directly to the + terminal on the battery. There are no relays, fuses or switches involved. I use it to fully charge my RRS. Something is not right with your charger.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
"battery was low" is not a valid message center message. What was the actual message? Was it actually that your remote battery is low?

If this is the case it makes perfect sense that your charger is turning off as the underhood battery is fully charged. I too properly use the jump posts to charge any batteries here at the shop. Autochargers turn off when they sense a full charge. Opening the door creates a draw on the battery and the charger will start up again. This is a function of the charger and has nothing to do with your Rover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts