RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience buying a used MAF from junkyard (car-parts.com) ? Good or bad idea?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I have bought several from the wreckers, I then clean them with the MAF cleaner run them for awhile on my car and then sell them. They have always worked great for me. I have one on my car from the wreckers right now it's been there for 6 months or so.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
If your car is Bosch equipped then in the UK its not worth doing anything but buying a new genuine one.If its Gems in the UK then its worth buying S/hand because aftermarket are total rubbish and LR want silly money.
Outside the UK I guess its down to how silly LR prices are,plus the availabilty of used stuff.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can buy a new Bosch unit from Auto Parts Warehouse, $174.95 with free shipping. Installation is a three minute deal with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
allyv8 said:
If your car is Bosch equipped then in the UK its not worth doing anything but buying a new genuine one.If its Gems in the UK then its worth buying S/hand because aftermarket are total rubbish and LR want silly money.
Outside the UK I guess its down to how silly LR prices are,plus the availabilty of used stuff.
Here in South Africa A GEMS MAF will set you back 1200 pounds........there must be something inside them that is adding to cost.

Anyone ever break one open yet.....

So far MAFS made by SAGEM seem to be better for some odd reason

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,765 Posts
frosty2008 said:
i had gathered that bit..... :roll:

i was more wondering about technique or actual bit to clean.
It's been covered several times. A quick use of the search button will help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts