RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been researching both used and new RRS. I happened to find one in my local Carmax:
2018 RRS HSE
$60K
18K miles
Carfax is fine except I noticed: 2 owners history.

Should I test drive this or move on? Any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, I've been researching both used and new RRS. I happened to find one in my local Carmax:
2018 RRS HSE
$60K
18K miles
Carfax is fine except I noticed: 2 owners history.

Should I test drive this or move on? Any thoughts/suggestions?
Try it first, you still benefit from warranty...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
168 Posts
It's always advisable to test drive a used vehicle before buying it to see whether there are steering, brake issues or suspicious noises. As for two owners, was it individuals or short term leases? 2018 was the first year with dual touch screens and there were many aggravating software issues. Most if not all have been corrected via multiple updates but maybe the other owners didn't want to deal with them. My wife drives a 2018 RRS HSE V8 and despite the prior software bugs says it's her favorite vehicle ever!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's always advisable to test drive a used vehicle before buying it to see whether there are steering, brake issues or suspicious noises. As for two owners, was it individuals or short term leases? 2018 was the first year with dual touch screens and there were many aggravating software issues. Most if not all have been corrected via multiple updates but maybe the other owners didn't want to deal with them. My wife drives a 2018 RRS HSE V8 and despite the prior software bugs says it's her favorite vehicle ever!
What do you think about 2017 RRS without dual touch screens. Better or worse since it's a year older?

·
Registered
103 Posts
What do you think about 2017 RRS without dual touch screens. Better or worse since it's a year older?
They made a lot of little tweaks with the 2018 facelift. My favorite is the additional storage they added under the cupholders as well as the second glove box. I actually prefer the looks of the pre-facelift version for some reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my 2018 RRS HSE with 32K on it. Absolutely love it and love the 2018 facelift that prior years don't have. It's been flawless.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my 2018 RRS HSE with 32K on it. Absolutely love it and love the 2018 facelift that prior years don't have. It's been flawless.
PS I also love the dual touch. Amazing amount of tech display real estate to dis-lay whatever systems you want at any time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
PS I also love the dual touch. Amazing amount of tech display real estate to dis-lay whatever systems you want at any time.
True - it's also very helpful when you're using apple carplay on the top screen. You still have access to all climate functions on the bottom screen (unlike with single screen where you'd have to switch out of carplay to make certain adjustments).

·
Registered
1995 p38a
38 Posts
Run away. 4 years, no miles, and 2 owners? Something has happened to it. Any way to check it's repair history? Like if it has had major engine work or such?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts