Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase 95% of my music (mp3) from Rhapsody and recently started using Amazon Music Cloud Player because some songs I wanted to purchase (on Rhapsody) were streaming only. All the mp3 songs I purchased from Amazon don't play on my RR or my XJL - they show on screen in the playlist but if you touch the song to play the "File Not Found" screen comes up.

To troubleshoot I tried (3) different sticks. I then tried each in my Mini Cooper and ALL songs played without any errors. However when I tried them in the RR & XJL I got the error messages again.

I'm hoping you techie's & audiofiles out there can enlighten me on what might be the issue. Could the tracks I purchased be "protected" in some way? Only playable on certain devises? I'm fairly certain it's not a "glitch" or fault of within the RR or XJL but perhaps the systems being used in them are very specific to what they recognize?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I shop @ amazon and store that music on an ipod. they all play perfectly fine in the car. Have you tried connecting an ipod? the "file not found" means just that. the file structure apparently doesn't work for the car. I remember seeing some requirements in either the manual or here in a post.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
It's got to be an incompatible or improperly formatted USB flash drive. The audio files you purchase on Amazon are definitely not the issue from my experience, as I routinely transfer them on my iPod and a 32GB flash drive, both play fine trough my 2013 LR4's sound system, they don't contain any type of DRM protection from what I can tell. Do any MP3 files at all on these sticks play in your Jag or RR?

Try reformatting the sticks (FAT or FAT32), copy just a handful of "problem" files on them in the root directory (no subfolders), and check again. If they play, then the file structure you use may indeed be the issue. I usually copy artist folders on the USB drive's root directory, with album subfolders nested within.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
In my experience some MP3 files dont play nice....

Particularly some that I had converted from youtube->mp3 would not play at all... iTunes songs converted to MP3 (from within itunes itself) seem to work consistently...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts