RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I lived in Tampa, FL for 19 years where state law only requires a rear plate then when I moved to Denver 7 years ago my Subaru already had factory holes in the front bumper so there was never an issue with having to mount a front plate. Now that I have just purchased a new RRS the dealer actually asked me if I wanted the the front plate holes drilled so I told them no, so I can figure out what to do? I love the look of a clean bumper but also don't want to risk getting pulled over for no plate and be half a beer over or get a ticket if its parked downtown etc, so any input from you Front Plate States on wot you do would be appreciated? I am thinking doubled sided sticky tape somewhere below the painted part of the bumper.
Cheers,

David.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is also a plate mounting system that uses rare earth magnets (which are very strong.)
The link Ms. Mdx posted looks to be just what I need especially seeing as the bracket slides up and down so I can have it lower than the actual bumper. Not sure if magnets would interfere with the parking sensors?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
150 Posts
Wisconsin is one
I was driving a sports car maybe a little fast i won't say but it was in the country and got pulled over by a state trooper.
He lectured me on how many plates did the state issue (2), and why did I not have both on?
Because he could not see from the front coming at me what my plate was.
Wish I had the guts to say well couldn't you look in the rear view mirror or turn your head
or too many doughnuts...but I am a chicken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts