RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a RRS PHEV and to this day still no word from RR when/if it will ever be built. The last and only communication from the factory was that the 2019's will not be built and orders will convert to 2020 models. The factory statement went on to say that all previously cancelled "sold" orders would receive priority and would be built in June with a late summer delivery in the US.

Just spoke with my salesman and he said the order was back in but not "slotted". The last word he has from RR is that all PHEV orders are still delayed with no expected build or delivery dates. Without any info from RR buyers are left to wonder if there is a parts availability problem or is there a "mechanical" problem the engineers are trying to solve.

So... my question for the good folks that visit here is does anyone know what the hell is going on?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
That's all everyone knows. the PHEV was first announced for the US market for MY18. Then it never happened, and became a MY19 thing. Well, that didn't happen, and it is now supposedly a MY20 item.
2 things: I read somewhere that the appetite for the hybrid is thru the roof in China, where other models are now hard to sell. That would sort of explain why the US was on the backburner - we prefer the V8 to anything else, anyway (well, in the big scheme of things).
The other, promising thing is that for MY20 they have a (wait for it) Autobiography model with the PHEV engine. Anyone who's familiar with Range Rovers knows that that's just huge. They probably wouldn't have done it if they didn't mean the PHEV for '20 for real.

So, to answer your question, probably nobody knows anything concrete - your dealer is the source of truth. But there are a few small items that may lead us believe in a MY20 PHEV. Whether that's June or December - that's a completely different question and I think there's no person on this board that would have the answer for you. Fingers crossed though, like many others, I want that hybrid here (even if I wouldn't buy it yet)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man, you summed up the situation quite eleqeuntly. This vehicle is to be for my wife otherwise I would have given up and waited until they made it the US and see how the first owners like them and if the reviews were good I would order a 2021. However, what the wife wants she usually gets ;)

Definitely, good news about the autobiography RRS PHEV, we originally ordered the HST trim level so with the delay I guess the only good thing is we changed to a autobiography just have to wait who knows how much longer. All I can say for all the wait and a 100K+ price tag this thing better be problem free for at least the first 5 years :)

·
Registered
P525
212 Posts
To give you a feeling about the PHEV:

I got mine in August 18, and until now I have reached 33.000 km. Electric range is about 30-40 km, depends in the weather, but best is to just drive it in hybrid (default) mode. If your wife can plug the car every night to load, it´s quite fun to drive.

The sound of the Petrol engine is not refined, once the battery is empty and the acceleration needs more than 50% of the power it is present.
I think this is not really important for your country with relaxed driving style.
For our unlimited highways (and stress driving style in general) in germany its more present.

I am sure you both will love the car, as its whisper-quiet for shorter trips and in the city unbeatable. You also must go offload in fully electric mode, this is really a special feeling, without any noise...

Good luck for your order, hope you get it soon.

Best
René

1 - 4 of 4 Posts