RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks. Thought I'd start a thread to track the process of ordering my MY19 Range Rover SCV8. We currently have a MY12 Range Rover Sport ATB, and after much consideration, we chose to go with the L405 SCV8 over several other great vehicles including: Volvo XC90 Inscription T8, Range Rover Sport ATB, BMW X7, Audi Q7, and L405 ATB SCV8.

We are placing our order through a local dealership here as their search was unable to produce any alternatives close enough to our spec. Would love to hear your thoughts on the spec and anything you'd consider adding or removing!

Full spec link: https://build.landrover/537EFBA5

MY19 Range Rover - Supercharged V8

• [*=1]Santorini Black Exterior
    [*=1]Ivory / Ebony Interior [Ebony Seats]

Exterior Options

• [*=1]Black Exterior Package w/ 22" Wheels [Style 9012]
    [*=1]Body-color Panoramic Sunroof
    [*=1]Gray Brakes -- I hear the Black Painted ones eventually wear and turn gray

Interior Options

• [*=1]Black Suede Headliner
    [*=1]Grand Black Veneer Trim
    [*=1]22-Way Seats w/ Front & Rear Ventilated/Heated Seats
    [*=1]Meridien Surround

Packages

• [*=1]Driver Assist Package
    [*=1]Vision Assist Package
    [*=1]Smartphone Package [ CarPlay]
    [*=1]Towing Package

Standalone Options

• Illuminated Aluminum Treadplates'
  • Cabin air ionization
  • Domestic plug socket(s)
  • Wade Sensing
  • Active Rear Locking Differential
  • 22" full size spare wheel
  • Four-zone Climate Control
  • Front Console Refrigerator
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go

Options in red are the ones I am less sure about. Feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Good choice on the brake Calipers, my black ones have gone completely gray. The paint is gone!!

Get the Refrigerator and full size spare.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep! Your thread was what led me to this choice! Figured JLR and even JLR SVO isn't the most experienced in the sports car business where colored brakes are almost standard. I've never had issues on other cars, but no point paying for it if it's been an issue.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have the same problem on the F-Type with silver Calipers, the first set went completely rusty, they changed them out and the same thing happened after a couple of months. Both JLR vehicles.

The he problem is, except for the red (I had those on my last Sport) all the other colors are painted not powder coated.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Bet they don't see wade sensing and 22 inch wheels ordered together often. One is hard-core off-road and one is hard-core on-road.

·
Registered
63 Posts
:think: you bring up a good point here. The wade sensing seemed like a relative cheap option. Considering I don't plan to really take it into any deep waters, I doubt I'll ever use it. That said, the likelihood I'll use the vehicle to it's full off-road capability is low. Snowy weather is about the only inclement weather it will likely see. Any experience on differences in ride feel between 21s and 22s worth talking about?

·
Registered
51 Posts
All of those options are must haves except for the Towing Package and Active Rear Locking Differential. My 2019 similar to yours except interior is ebony/ebony and I got the 10 in rear entertainment and the all terrain progress control/terrain response 2 (which I’m sure I will never use but I just added them because they were cheap). Didn’t get the Active Rear Locking Differential or Towing Package.

·
Registered
952 Posts
:think: you bring up a good point here. The wade sensing seemed like a relative cheap option. Considering I don't plan to really take it into any deep waters, I doubt I'll ever use it. That said, the likelihood I'll use the vehicle to it's full off-road capability is low. Snowy weather is about the only inclement weather it will likely see. Any experience on differences in ride feel between 21s and 22s worth talking about?
There's a noticeable difference. Expect more flats and damaged wheels also with 22s. The 20s ride like a cloud. I would consider wade sensing a total waste of money for 95% of owners. If you have 22s I'd bump that to 100.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
34 Posts
Wade sensing is in most cases waste of money. But I have ordered it too. Just because it is a cool feature that no other cars have. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of those options are must haves except for the Towing Package and Active Rear Locking Differential. My 2019 similar to yours except interior is ebony/ebony and I got the 10 in rear entertainment and the all terrain progress control/terrain response 2 (which I’m sure I will never use but I just added them because they were cheap). Didn’t get the Active Rear Locking Differential or Towing Package.
Awesome! Yeah, may remove those if they're not really making a difference. Active rear locking diff is pretty corner case.

Do you happen to have any photos of your ride?

Wade sensing is in most cases waste of money. But I have ordered it too. Just because it is a cool feature that no other cars have. :)
Yeah, I'm of the same mindset. But it's $350 on a $100k+ vehicle. Maybe I can see how deep puddles are...

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
wade sensing has not been available on NAS models due to no approval from the feds. Did this change for 2019MY? I know the feds are close to approving variable and segmented headlights as well as laser lighting technologies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I humbly disagree on the value rear locking diff and towing pack when considering future resale. As a consumer of aged Range Rover products, I only look for examples that have these boxes ticked. I rely on you guys to equip all the off-road and utility goodies on the new ones so I have a better selection when I finally get to buy used. ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I humbly disagree on the value rear locking diff and towing pack when considering future resale. As a consumer of aged Range Rover products, I only look for examples that have these boxes ticked. I rely on you guys to equip all the off-road and utility goodies on the new ones so I have a better selection when I finally get to buy used. ?
Touché! I'm basically speccing the car for der_fahrer to buy one day. ;)

I do find there is a some kind of oxymoron-like, but important obligation to try to spec a vehicle that has longevity in its utility to offset the environmentally unfriendly nature of the vehicle or any SUV for that matter. i think a Range Rover will far outlast a vehicle like a Toyota SUV, and hopefully find utility in the afterlife. That's why I've avoided things like the rear screens, captain's chair in the rear (ala ATB), and I've tried to add things that would be useful to me or someone else.

Does anyone else ever think about that? Or is this just a odd way of thinking when speccing the car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Driver Assist Pack includes Adaptive Cruise Control so I think that can be dropped as a stand-alone. Wade Sensing doesn’t sound like something you’d use. I’d keep the Towing Package, full size spare, Active Locking Diff, and 4 Zone. Front Fridge vs Cooler Box is really a personal preference based more on typical use profile. I’d add the heated windshield as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Driver Assist Pack includes Adaptive Cruise Control so I think that can be dropped as a stand-alone. Wade Sensing doesn’t sound like something you’d use. I’d keep the Towing Package, full size spare, Active Locking Diff, and 4 Zone. Front Fridge vs Cooler Box is really a personal preference based more on typical use profile. I’d add the heated windshield as well.
Does the heated windshield still have the visible thin fibers in the glass? I have it on my 2012 Sport. I've gotten used to it, but sometimes I wonder if it was really worth it considering how noticeable it is, and how few times I use it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright folks, final spec was tweaked a bit -- https://build.landrover/D4BDC818

Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 5.00.13 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 5.00.21 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 5.00.07 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 5.01.03 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 5.00.55 PM.jpg

Now the wait begins. Order was locked last week. ETA is late February at the moment.

In the mean time, does anyone have experience with what these port installed options include or what they are?

• LRX90 Car Care Kit
  • LRX91 Premium Rear Seat Convenience Pack
  • LRX92 Basic Rear Seat Convenience Pack
  • RRR01 Premium Interior Protection & Storage Pack
  • RRR02 Basic Interior Protection & Storage Pack
  • RRR06 Tow Pack
  • RRR07 Exterior Protection Pack
  • RRR08 Styling Accent Pack

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Happy New Year folks.

Does anyone know if adding the rear tow hitch means that the body panel that typically covers that area would not be included?

Would be awesome if anyone here that has the Tow Pack on their car could chime in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The trim piece was different on my 15 Sport after I added tow package at time of purchase but on my 17' RR it is right under the bumper with no changes to trim that I can tell. I had dealer install mine at time of purchase on the 17' as well. Next RR I am going to do an ordered rig and add tow to original build.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts