RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase my first RRS towards the end of this year. I had originally planned on looking for either a leftover 2019 MY still sitting on the lot once the 2020s are out or perhaps a 2019 CPO.

I recently stumbled on the Military Sales Program and was wondering if anyone had any additional color or experience with it. It seems to offer roughly 10% off MSRP (which I know is prob less than dealer price) for custom builds for military personnel serving overseas (have to be deployed, not just walk in a shop with mil ID). I work in investment banking, but am getting ready to head to Iraq for 9 months with the army reserve and figured this might be a great opportunity to get exactly what I want. If it's actually 10% off, I could likely pick up a 2020 for around the same price as lightly used 2019.

My build is coming out to about 93k for the V8 and I'd really like to get it down towards the mid-80s.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
please do a search - there was a guy a couple of years ago here who managed to buy his car in this program. What you're saying does ring a bell, he did say things like this. unfortunately I forgot the year and model, but someone here definitely did this already.
also, your dealer should be up to date about this - I believe this is a fairly known thing at the dealers. Best of luck, take care and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I'll see what I can find searching, though I suspect I'm going to have to call Land Rover directly. I don't believe you can work with US dealers for this and I've visited dealerships and sent a few inquiries about it. They don't seem anxious to respond because I think the money is paid directly to Land Rover and the dealer only facilitates the US delivery (i.e. they don't make any money on these sales). Would be interesting to hear recent feedback on the program as these things tend to change frequently. I'll come back here with more if I find anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts