RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that the UK has Orange, Black, and Silver FE's. I only see the option for a Black FE on the US site. I am looking at getting a silver RRS SC but I wanted the Range Stormer wheels. I have pre ordered my unit but no one can seem to tell me if I can get the stormers or not. Can anyone shed some light??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
stormers are only available on the Vesuvius. You might be able to buy those wheels on ebay sometime later

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
Esoteric,

The FEs are available in Java Black as well as the Vesuvius Orange, but not Silver.

The car looks great in black though - I just got mine (not FE) yesterday....yiippppeeeee!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm sorry, but I have to correct you. There's a different between FIRST edition and SPECIAL edition. The SPECIAL edition are the orange paint, and stormer wheels. Everyone that buys one now has a first edition meaning they are the first edition of this car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted a First Edition - Silver like they have in Europe. Range Stormer wheels, black oak...etc. I am not paying $4000 for Stormers on Ebay with no tires when I can get 22's for a few grand more with tires. Just me maybe but can't justify that when the RRS already comes with 20's anyway. I would love the black but don't feel like hand glazing it every time I wash it ya know. I pre ordered a Silver one with all but the Adaptive cruise control (cruise control on a supercharged vehicle is blasphemy!)..lol. I have a Sept delivery date and I can't wait.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control

I have had the equivalent of Adaptive Cruise Control on my 2002 Mercedes S500, and it is my favorite feature in a car of similar, if not a little quicker, performance as my soon to arrive SC. It changes the way you drive on the highway, eliminating the very real danger of overtaking a slower car, but more to the point changing the way you speed up and slow down.

Set the cruise at the maximum speed you are willing to risk, say 85. Then to travel fast pull behind a fast moving car, and to slow down, pull behind a slower one. This way you always have a "front door" as we used to say in the old CB radio days. But when you hit a clear open stretch, you move up to your own maximum.

In the end, you travel much more quickly and arrive much more relaxed.

Enjoy!
BGreig

·
Registered
10 Posts
caporajm said:
I'm sorry, but I have to correct you. There's a different between FIRST edition and SPECIAL edition. The SPECIAL edition are the orange paint, and stormer wheels. Everyone that buys one now has a first edition meaning they are the first edition of this car.
I don't know how its done in the US but elswhere its different. There's only one Edition - thats First Edition. Then again, the First Edition only applies to the 4.2 SC version. The First Edition comes in three colours, namely Zambezi Silver, Java Black and Vesuvius Orange. Its said that the Vesuvius colour will be only for the First Edition and will not be available for the rest. The other two colours are common. There is a set number of First Editions being built and there will not be any more productions later on (as First Edition).

All the other RRS will be just RRS - only different models.

Additionally the First edition comes with twenty inch Stormer alloys, special carpet mats, special door sill protection and dark oak wood paneling. In some markets the PTI, Sports Leather and the Cooler Box will be incorporated.

By the way Caporajm, you have the Limited Edition? So now there are 3 Editions in all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
andrewdds said:
The window sticker actually states it is a Special Edition. I just picked up mine. I will post pictures later....

Andrew
Ok Andrew.

Now, is yours an SC? With Stormer wheels etc.?
You ordered the 1st Edition in the first place?

Maybe you need to ask your dealer/salesman what Special Edition means.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In the States, special edition package means Vesuvius paint w/ the stormer wheels, no ACC, no Rear Diff, but includes the phone and Sirius. The special edition doesn't come in any other color.

To answer your question, I have the special edition. It's a $5,000 option in some parts of the States, but some parts has a $30,000 markup. I got lucky. I also heard they are making anywhere from 100-250 of this color. I have no true evidence, everyone tells me different so if anyone in cyberspace land knows, that would be great 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
caporajm,

Does your have the cooler box? Mine has the box, but no bluetooth. I wasn't sure if you could have both. Does yours have a phone cradle?
I am a little confused because if you configure the Special Edition, the site has the bluetooth as an option..The site also lets you build a black Special Edition.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ormond, yes mine has teh cooler box and a phone cradle. I guess I am wrong and you can build a black Special Edition, my bad. I have no idea why on the US website they have the PTI as an option, because mine and the owner's wifes (I got mine first, though :)) it is standard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts