RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I moved my sons recaro style child seat from the Discovery to the Rangie. I am extending the belt all the way out but it is not clicking on its way in and it is not locking up the way it should for a child seat. It does lock if pulled on rapidly but this is not the child seat mode that is activates, just the standard belt locking mechanism.

I have tried all three rear belts and the passenger seat belt and non of them are going in to Child seat mode. Because they are all doing it it may be because I am not doing something quite right.

Please advise.....I need to get the child seat in the RR.

Cheers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you should not be useing the seatbelts to secure your car seat :naughty:

On any vehicle that has them (and your RR does!) you should use the two straps that came with your child seat to attach to the teather point built into the RR seat(the LATCH system http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html). these are one on each side of the seat, and another behind the seat inside the boot area.

its the only way to go, and maybe why the seatblelts won't go into child mode

stay safe!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have recaro sport seats and I use the latch system to attach them to my 08 rover. The recaro latches are sort of bulky and are difficult to actually get in between the cushions to actually reach the mounting point but they do fit. I had so much trouble the first time I was trying to use the latch that I tried to use the seat belt but i think I ran into the same problem. Hope you get the latches to work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bcrover said:
On any vehicle that has them (and your RR does!) you should use the two straps that came with your child seat to attach to the teather point built into the RR seat(the LATCH system http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html). these are one on each side of the seat, and another behind the seat inside the boot area.

its the only way to go, and maybe why the seatblelts won't go into child mode

stay safe!
Thanks bcrover but I we in Australia use belts and latch points. I am pretty sure we do not, and can not, legally, use the european points on the seat. But it is certainly worth finding out. We have always used seat belts combined with the anchor points on the back which is more than adequate AND extremely safe and why ALL manufacturers have child modes in all rear seat belts. So we use - Latch/anchor point behind the seat and the seat belt goes 'behind' the padding in the child seat and clips in as if someone was sitting in the seat and secures the hard plastic skeleton that is the seat. Once in place, there is no moving it.

But I am not getting that clicking when I extend the belt all the way out and need it working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts