RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all hope someone can help, after getting another rangie tonight, on driving it back apart from getting a bit hot its fine untill i pulled into services and locking it with the key in the door as the fob wasnt working (although led in fob working fine) had something to eat then came back out, unlocked drivers door which opened all doors and flashed indicators, put key in ignition to be met with alarm fault message i then tried to start it and got engine disable message press remote, but the fob isnt working and i now have a rangie that wont start and stuck in my local services?? help needed asap please
thanks in advance scott

·
Registered
665 Posts
mine does it so I never lock it. I played with the key, once in a while i could turn it left more then before and that would disable the alarm. I did turn it both ways trying, dont know the proper sequence, but eventually in the unlock position it will work

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
you need to synch the fob, may not be able to since it's locked down.

key in door, turn to lock, hit lock button. turn to unlock and hit unlock button. test...

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a 4 Digit code needed to clear this and enable.you put the key in the door lock and turn it left and right alternately as per the code.Info is in the users hand book,Hope this helps

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah the eka access code is needed. The default code is 1515, good luck. Turn the key once left (or right, try it opposite ways, i forget how to do it) and then right 5 times, and then left once, and then right 5 times again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Am I a complete nutter if I think that revealing the default code is perhaps not the best to do...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ferdinand said:
Am I a complete nutter if I think that revealing the default code is perhaps not the best to do...
??? anyway went to my local landrover dealership this morning with the v5 and they give me the code put it in and fired up straight away :D now have an overheating issue to deal with :cry:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good to hear the lockout issue was resolved.

Make sure it is actually an overheating issue. Plug an obd scanner into it and get a reading on the coolant temps, they should be 195 to 220F, and really should not go much above 225F. If it goes above 225F, stop driving it and get it repaired. If it stays between those temps, then you have a different problem. I have found that the more electricity mine uses, the "hotter" it gets according to the gauge. I am still trying to track down the loose ground that is causing it :evil: .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
help needed rangie stranded PROB SOLVED BUT NOW OVERHEATING

Thanks again for you help, i cant find any evidence of a head gasket failure apart from the overheating.. earlier today half the rad was hot and half was cold so i took it off and flushed it through and all was fine but when refitting i have snapped the little return hose on the top so now i cant tell if its fixed till i get a new rad :twisted: never mind i will plod on and hopefully fix it
atb scott

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Re: help needed rangie stranded PROB SOLVED BUT NOW OVERHEATING

creamyfufu said:
Thanks again for you help, i cant find any evidence of a head gasket failure apart from the overheating.. earlier today half the rad was hot and half was cold so i took it off and flushed it through and all was fine but when refitting i have snapped the little return hose on the top so now i cant tell if its fixed till i get a new rad :twisted: never mind i will plod on and hopefully fix it
atb scott
Is it a Niagara Grey 1997 DSE by any chance?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts