RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have RR SPORT 08 tan interior,my back seat has some wear and scratches ,any idea or advice about upholstery of the leather seat ,I really want it to get back like new ,if this process is easy to be done I might do the front seats too ....
I thought of asking you guys before I take it to the auto upholstery because surprises may be waiting for me .
I don`t have issue with cost :|

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
I just had my front seat re-dyed to get rid of a couple of scratches, creases and denim residue and it looks perfect. However the guy already told me that it won't last as long as the original dye, he figured 1 to 2 years before it has to be re-done, depending on use.
I paid $150.
Search on line under auto restoration in your city, or ask the dealer they'll point you in the right direction. And whoever you choose make sure they understand how you want the seats to still fee supple like the factory seats, some hacks put so much dye on the leather that it starts cracking after a couple of months. It happened to me so I had this last guy strip and sand the old hack job and redo the whole seat

Rafa

·
Registered
204 Posts
Take a look at this site.....http://www.leatherique.com
It looks like a bit of work but if you're willing to go the DIY route this product can be an option for you.
I've never used it but a buddy of mine swears by it. According to him....and I quote...."There are only two things that I've purchased I know works for sure...one is my gun and the other is leatherique."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts