RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrading'05 Grills &Tail lights to a newer model LED look..

[attachment=0:2x9ijltm]SALME114X5A193231_01_640.jpg[/attachment:2x9ijltm]Wondering if the '05 HSE tail lights and basic Grill Trim (front) can be upgraded to a newer LED style.. without causing any error codes..?

Any suggestions where to buy factory parts @ reasonable wholesale prices..? I do have a standard 20% discount at the dlr.
[attachment=1:2x9ijltm]SALME114X5A193231_06_640.jpg[/attachment:2x9ijltm]

Attachments

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
11 Posts
Re: Upgrading'05 Grills &Tail lights to a newer model LED look..

this is not exactly answering your question, but the link provided by previous member should do the trick. For now however, I have upgraded my my front grill to look like 2006-2009 Supercharged Style. They have them in black, silver, chrome and mesh. I don't have the link, but I found it on E-bay from a seller in the U.K. and are not available in the states, at least when I got mine. The grills are a pretty pennie at almost $400.00 including taxes and shipping. I've done the rear lights in clear too, so it's definitely an upgrade.

2010 upgrades will be sometime in the future... :think:

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts

Beware IPXIH,

The headlight wipers won't work with privileged6's grill conversion.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
11 Posts

garioch43 said:
Beware IPXIH,

The headlight wipers won't work with privileged6's grill conversion.
Yes, I would like to clarify the information provided by garioch43 is partially incorrect; the wipers lightly touch the bottom grill edges on both sides by a few mm's and DOES not, I repeat, it DOES not impare the ability of the wipers to function correctly, I've had these for almost 3 years. Because of the slight contact between grill and wiper edge, you will notice minimal surface contact. I should have mentioned this information the first time around, but I find it such a minor issue, I had forgoten all about it! There is a way to remove the wipers, but this would require other modifications I chose not to perform.

Hope this is clear enough!

Cheers,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Would the 2010 LED style Tail Lights plug into my existing 05 HSE..? or is it a dif. wiring harness....?

·
Registered
236 Posts

The 2010 rear lights plug into the existing harness, the brackets will have to be removed and the newer type plastic bushes will be required. You will also need an electronic relay to operate the fog lights and the bulb failure warning will be displayed unless you have it turned off.
Stewart.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks.

Any idea on where I can order the relay and plastic brushes..? and aprox. cost..? I do currently have the rear foglight option and no faulty codes.

thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I just want to be clear. Upgrading to the 2010 supercharged doesn't require the relay and won't cause a fault? But if upgrading to the non-supercharged with the red led, the relay is required. If the relay is installedm will it still produce an error code?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts