Range Rovers Forum banner

upgrading the interior windscreen rubber seal?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  dutchfrompredator 
#1 ·
the rubber seal between the dash and the windscreen likes to sink down on the passenger side every now and then. it's just getting old and sun-baked. it's not a crisis but fixing it isn't going to hurt. ordinary i just use a paper clip bent to an "L" shape to lift it back into place until the next time it sinks a little. my dash isn't warped or anything. has anyone looked at upgrading to a slightly larger rubber piece to lay in there in the name of a better/snugger fit? it seems very doable. most of the posts i've found deal with the outside sealing and the issues unique to the finishers. thanks in advance.

#4 ·
yes i've looked through rave. all i find is the windscreen finishers top and bottom left and right. didn't see it in fascia et al. either. :think:
i'm just surprised i didn't see a thread here on it. i can't be the only one who thought they'd like to beef up the in-cabin sound and vibration threshold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.