RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Was wondering what my best option to upgrade Headunit and rear entertainment in my full size 06’ Supercharged. I have the rear TVs but the they aren’t working. Just trying to figure out what my best options are. Can you replace the Headunit with a newer oem unit from 10’ and up? Aftermarket i am assuming is probably the best play as i need Bluetooth and navigation. Also would like a unit with WiFi capibilities to be able to connect from phone WiFi hotspot possibly. I was wondering how to use aftermarket DVD player to connect to rear TVs. Someone who has done a Headunit upgrade i would love to talk to!!
Thanks in advance!!

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
The 06 model year was the step child, one year off, that no body made upgrades for. It was was a mish mash of old BMW tech and ICE plopped on Ford's new drive train platform. 07 was finally all Ford gear on the new 4.2/4.4 platform and integration was whole and companies started making upgrades, kits and ICE improvements for Range Rover again.

Upgrades on 06MY are not easy and no you can not skip ahead two generations to the 2010 head unit. Completely different platforms and communications. You MAY be able to upgrade to early second gen items from 07 or 08... but the last year second gen for 09 is even different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts