RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, new here, also this is my first car ever so I've got lots to learn. Just bought a Sport 2007 SE and know theres a good 19 speaker system in it.

While I like the overall sound, I feel like there is room for a ton of improvement. Can I simply buy and add additional speakers or is the Harman Kardon system set up in a way that this is difficult?

Im looking for more mids and higher bass, basically just a more "in your head" typ of sound rather than the "surround" type right now.

I know these questions might seem stupid, but I'm completely new and still learning ;

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Musicsport

The stereos on these vehicles are a bit complicated because, for a start, the connection between the head unit and the amp is optical rather than electrical. I’m doing research on replacing my head unit and its going to be a pain to do. However it sounds like its not impossible. I’m looking into dismantling the head unit so I can keep the nav screen and info screen operational. If I ever get that working I’ll for sure write it up as I’ve seen precious few details on how to do it in practice.

What you may be able to do is find a rear speaker and see if you can get to the wires. If you can do that then you run that signal into an amp and then from there into additional speakers. Your amp would need to be able to accept a high power input as the signal to the speakers is already amplified by the Harmon Kardon amp.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
... bought a Sport 2007 SE ?
Are you located in the USA? SEs are rare here. I would like to see pictures. Also, have you tried turning off the Logic7 via the audio controls? I find the non logic7 sound better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer, helps a lot! Personally, I would just like to add let's say 2 speakers at the back (specifically Pioneer TS-G6930F 3-Way = https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-G6930F-3-Way-Coaxial-Speaker/dp/B07594MRH2) Do I need to add any amplifiers as well after that? I'm hoping to keep it around $4-$700, a sub + simple car radio if needed, although 99% muisic is Bluetooth / AUX.

I found this link about adding speakers to a car with optical connections = http://www.carstereochick.com/2012/02/27/oem-integration-solutions-for-aftermarket-sound/ Is it any helpful or it doesn't apply to the RR? I appreciate the help if you ever find a way :D

-

Mi2VA, I'm from Europe, although this is the only SE I've seen in my country too. Will try turning it off today, and I'll get some pics soon :)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
763 Posts
Do a search on the RRS UK and the D3/D4 Uk site - there are a lot of threads there on upgrading the system and retaining the command screen functionality.

Garry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts