Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've read quite a few threads on people enquiring about upgrading their stereos to an aftermarket type, but I can't find anything about upgrading the existing stereo to include genuine Range Rover GPS etc....

I've got a Range Rover Sport MY2006 4.4L L320 and installed is the 6CD-565 stereo. It plays 6 CDs and that's it. It has all the buttons to use the phone but there is no phone functionality from them. I even had to put my own auxiliary jack in to use the AUX i/p to play music off my iPod/iPhone. If anyone can help me with the following:-
  1. Confirm part numbers to install the Genuine RR Sat Nav system (do I need just touchscreen, disc player, disc, GPS antenna?)
  2. Will my current 6CD-565 allow the bluetooth connectivity for my phone? Confirm part numbers for remote on steering wheel?
Thanks for any help. Like I said I have tried to find this information elsewhere but keep coming to dead ends, not even the Navigation & Telephone Systems manual tells you anything (had previous vehicles who's manuals state "not available on xxx-xxx model). The car's 10 years old and don't mind spending a couple of grand getting it up to date to keep for another 10 years. Added a couple of photos to show visually what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Vehicle Car Technology Multimedia Electronic device Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,026 Posts
For Aux I just run a lead from the Aux socket which is at the back of the centre arm rest console - below the rear air vents, under the passenger seat to near where the Aux switch is on the radio. Works fine but you just have to turn the volume up on the music device.

The RRS sat nav system is crap and always out of date so I woudn't bother - I have a Garmin in the cubby.

As far as Bluetooth goes most use Parrot but I dont know anything about it.

I believe the DVD system will match up and goes in the top glove box but again I do not know much about it.

I think you have to accept that you and I have the poverty pack models and it is difficult to upgrade with either OEM bits or even after market.

Oh - get a dash cover for that dash or you will be up for a new dash top before too long - especially where you live.

Garry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have a look at a 'BURY' unit: BURY

i have one fitted to my '08 RRS; allows for bluetooth connection to phone for calls and messages, and playing music....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts