RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's been a few of these posted before but I'm just curious on what you guys have done to your Rovers. Anything from performance upgrades to off-roading upgrades to anything else you might've done to it.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
When I had my Classic, then only things I considered necessary where to get rid of that geriatric cassette player and put a decent modern Sony stereo in it and convert it to run on LPG so making it cheaper to run than a diesel. The latter probably wouldn't be an issue with anyone in the US but I simply cannot see the point in keeping the original stereo just for originalities sake unless you are entering into concours shows. Even then you could always put the original back as you needed to.

I've done the exact same two mods to my P38 too, there's nothing else they need......

·
Registered
718 Posts
ive just raised it an inch or so with land rover springs from other trucks and i plan on working out a sleeping position/utility box combo for the rear. other than that pretty standard roof rack and brush guard with fogs. most of my money goes to maintenance!

·
Registered
344 Posts
My 1995 LWB is bone stock with only 50k miles - EAS, original airbags, rust-free chassis that still has remnants of factory stickers on it! I'm not upgrading it, just keeping it as original as possible/practical. The only planned deviation is to switch to 215/85R16 tires when the current set wears out. I've given thought to an ARB or GDE bumper, but the jury is still out on that one....

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,458 Posts
...The only planned deviation is to switch to 215/85R16 tires when the current set wears out. I've given thought to an ARB or GDE bumper, but the jury is still out on that one....
I had considered the 215s as well. ISTR, the CT trucks used this size. I've gone with 245/75R16s (Cooper ST/MAXX) and have been really happy. Great in snow, super quiet, and OK in mud.

My '95 RRC is mostly stock, except I've swapped the EAS for OME coils and Nitrochargers. Also have skid plate, diff guards, rock sliders and Borla SS catback exhaust. I'll return to EAS when I do the Concours project. I've got the factory bulbar, but it needs some TLC, so I'll most likely upgrade to ARB or RTE for the front bumper, at least until the full-on resto.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Glad to hear you like them, my next set will be Cooper ST/MAXX!

I really enjoyed the 245/75 tire size on my D1 and they are great with a 1-2 inch lift. But EAS presents a unique clearance situation, so I am limited to the 215/85 maximum. Currently have 225/75, and they are fine, but I'd still like to get the tallest possible tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts