RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide what to do I am thinking of upgrading my 06 supercharged to the 2011 supercharged, but the more I look at the bmw x6m the more I want it.

If you fully load both cars the bmw is about 20k more, and with the exception of a little more speed I am not sure I get much more with the bmw. I have never owned a bmw before, I tend to stay away from them and Mercedes because of their history, but the x6m really got my attention. Any opinions?

·
Registered
318 Posts
djsaad1 said:
Can't decide what to do I am thinking of upgrading my 06 supercharged to the 2011 supercharged, but the more I look at the bmw x6m the more I want it.

If you fully load both cars the bmw is about 20k more, and with the exception of a little more speed I am not sure I get much more with the bmw. I have never owned a bmw before, I tend to stay away from them and Mercedes because of their history, but the x6m really got my attention. Any opinions?
I actually kind of understand your dilemma. It is a RR site so the majority of answers you get will be skewed. However, the X6 M is really growing on me which is strange because the X5 M does absolutely nothing for me. The 6 just looks cool and bet its like a rocket ship (same goes for the M6 for that matter!). However, I STILL give the styling nod to the Range Rover...its an SUV made by an SUV company and there's something very old school and organic about that.

That said, overall, I'd go with the RRS since I don't think you're getting 20k more of vehicle...but then again, if money is not an object, then the decision is a little tougher.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Personally I've never been a fan of BMW mainly because it seems like the go to vehicle when you get some money so they seem to be everywhere, no offense if you do like them, it's just my opinion. Also I remember seeing a 650i one time and the interior looked like it cost them $12 to manufacture and that just solidified my dislike of them. I will however say that the X5 M is a really nice looking vehicle. Still don't think I would buy one, but who knows. As it stands now I can't imagine owning anything but a Range. It all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I tested both X6 M and X5 M before I narrowed it down to the RRS SC both are fine automobiles but they serves different purpose than the RR. The X6 M is not a truck and has no off-road capabilities. It has very tight ride you would expect from a sport car causing a bumpy and at times uncomfortable ride. When you drive it hard it doesn't matter since your adrenalin is offsetting the ride quality - but when you cruising you'll feel it. Legroom in the back and interior cargo volume are 30% less than the RRS. And finally, at 100K + why should anyone get an SUV sport car instead of true sport car. The same goes to the X5 M - it amazing acceleration and stiff suspensions make it the BEST and SPOTTIEST SUV on the road - but what it the point?

If you want a 4X sport car and have 100K go with the Porsche Panamera 4S. Its one of the ugliest car around BUT it is one of the BEST car I ever driven!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
521 Posts
If I was spending 100k, I'd just get an Audi R8. Then spend 10 grand on a real go anywhere used Rangie or Disco.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1098STricolore said:
If you want a 4X sport car and have 100K go with the Porsche Panamera 4S. Its one of the ugliest car around BUT it is one of the BEST car I ever driven!!!

Cheers
Yup, couldn't agree more. You can almost justify the look because of how fun they are to drive.

·
Registered
521 Posts
CB08 said:
1098STricolore said:

Cheers
Yup, couldn't agree more. You can almost justify the look because of how fun they are to drive.
I don't care how fun it is to drive. It's hideous. And so is the X6.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
I used to yearn for a BMW when I was in my 30's but I now believe that they are not cool nor worth the price tag. Going through the agony of trying to get a 3 series for my wife proved all of that.

Porsche - LR - Mercedes Benz - Audi - they are cool.

If I was not driving a RRS, I'd be saving the extra coin needed for a Porsche Cayenne GTS.

·
Registered
66 Posts
SpencerS said:
X6M or Cayenne GTS hands down :dance:
2011 will not have the GTS model!!! but regardless i'll go with the 2011 Cayenne S.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well, I think X6 is looking Ok now... I used to think like you do but it is growing inside of me..

anyway, what don't you consider Cayenne Turbo S? or Q7?

I almost bough Q7 before I got RRS... but Audi Dealer was a true Dixx

anyway.... I love RRS, but wait until they fixed with vibration even with 2010

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why not just consider the regular V8 BMW X6? Its .6 seconds quicker than the Range and only 3 to 5 thousand more fully loaded. As for me, I like the BMW X6(it's growning on me also) but still would rather go for the Range Rover Sport.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
If you like the styling of the X6, and you have $80K burning a hole in your pocket here's another option. Buy the Toyota Venza, cause it looks pretty much the same as the X6, and with the $$ you saved call up Bimota and buy whatever model you like. Park the bike in the sun in your driveway, get your fold up aluminum armchair, a nice bottle of barolo, some sunscreen, and sit about 3 feet from the bike, rotating the chair 20 degrees around the bike each 15 mins admiring it in all its Italian handcrafted majesty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
If you like the styling of the X6, and you have $80K burning a hole in your pocket here's another option. Buy the Toyota Venza, cause it looks pretty much the same as the X6, and with the $$ you saved call up Bimota and buy whatever model you like. Park the bike in the sun in your driveway, get your fold up aluminum armchair, a nice bottle of barolo, some sunscreen, and sit about 3 feet from the bike, rotating the chair 20 degrees around the bike each 15 mins admiring it in all its Italian handcrafted majesty.
:thumb: Except - a DB7 will cost over 34K so now you are talking about 110K + If you can find Ducati 1098S Tricolore you'll drop about 22K + and you have nice Italian engineering to admire. I like your idea but i prefer riding them!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Get the 2011 X5!!!!!!!

I have a 2010 RRS and getting rid of it next week. Too many problems most of which have been outlined in detail on this board. It's been in service over 20 days in past 5 months.
I placed a order for a 2011 BMW X5 50i. The 2011 will have the same engine as the 2010 X6 - 400 HP twin turbo. 0-60 in 5 seconds. Should be delivered in May. MSRP $71500 Selling price $66,500.

Granted the RRS may be a serious off road vehicle but 99% of us don't need those capabilities. Notwitstanding the all the problems I had with 2010 RRS, the Sport is designed for capabilities that I will NEVER use. In fact, with the Sport tires it comes with this vehicle actually sucks in the snow. I was all over the road this winter. The new X5 is the way to go if pavement driving is your thing. Wait and test drive the 2011 X5 next months before you make a decision. It will blow away the RRS in all areas - Not to mention you won't be at the dealership for repairs every month!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
swimmingriver said:
Get the 2011 X5!!!!!!!

I have a 2010 RRS and getting rid of it next week. Too many problems most of which have been outlined in detail on this board. It's been in service over 20 days in past 5 months.
I placed a order for a 2011 BMW X5 50i. The 2011 will have the same engine as the 2010 X6 - 400 HP twin turbo. 0-60 in 5 seconds. Should be delivered in May. MSRP $71500 Selling price $66,500.

Granted the RRS may be a serious off road vehicle but 99% of us don't need those capabilities. Notwitstanding the all the problems I had with 2010 RRS, the Sport is designed for capabilities that I will NEVER use. In fact, with the Sport tires it comes with this vehicle actually sucks in the snow. I was all over the road this winter. The new X5 is the way to go if pavement driving is your thing. Wait and test drive the 2011 X5 next months before you make a decision. It will blow away the RRS in all areas - Not to mention you won't be at the dealership for repairs every month!

I'm so sorry to hear you're done, I don't really blame you. And I agree that 99% of us don't use all those capabilities.
I love my RRS and hope I don't have to go your route, the X6M is super sick, i'm surprised you didn't get that instead.

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Very true

1 - 20 of 58 Posts