RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I've taken a second plunge into L322 ownership. MY first foray was with a 2005. It gave me the Range Rover bug (along with a lot of bills and frustration) Round 2 is in a 2010 with 124k miles. Can someone advise how I can update my maps? I haven't looked in the back to see if it's DVD based like my '05. If so, can anyone recommend a supplier of the update? Thanks in advance.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
Dealer only install for your system. It's a direct load to the hard drive. There is no ability to purchase and load yourself. Chances are you already have the last update to that design. you should be able to show the version in the settings somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know how recent the map updates go? I’ve a friend in the uk who says they can only update to 2014 and that no further updates are supported there.

I have an MY2011 that has never been updated — I was hoping I could dump a 2017 update to my Rangy in Canada... but reading other posts has been confusing: my maps do Canada and the US, but some posts make mention of them being done differently between Canada and the US...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
I am not sure what would be different. Your 2011 system is the same dealer only SSDD upload as the 2010.

Land Rover has never produced their own maps or mapping updates. When the third party mapping company decides they are no longer supporting updates an outdated technology there simply are no more updates. It's not like new format map files and tech are backwards compatible to CD, DVD or SSDD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RRToad Hall. Thanks, I haven’t asked the stealers yet — I read up on a few posts about it, but the message has been confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I checked with my local dealer and the dealer in Portland, I have a 2010 RRSC, last update is 2012 is what they told me, takes about 2 hours for about $250. Was not worth doing for me to upgrade 1 year's worth of maps. I use my phone when map can not find it using the nav.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts