RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the all too common frozen land rover screen. More specifically, I ALWAYS have music out of the speakers. But, 70% of the time the screen is frozen on the land rover screen, and 30% of the time it boots up but is quite buggy. For example, I can't select aux input. And it doesn't list the radio frequency like it's supposed to. Etc etc. Almost completely unusable.

For those of you that have updated the firmware/software in the nav unit to fix the dreaded frozen land rover screen---what were your symptoms before the upgrade? Were they fixed? What were you charged? Does it have to be the dealer?

Also, I read that there was a TSB about this. I can't find it. Can anyone direct me or post it?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,166 Posts
Model? Year?

·
Registered
174 Posts
You might try a hard reset, as follows: Disconnect one of the battery cables, and short the two cables to one another. This will completely drain all of the filter capacitors on all of the modules, and require them to reboot from scratch. Make sure that the battery lead from the disconnected cable has nothing left on the battery, to be sure that all of the cables are disconnected. This might force a reboot. Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts